[tenchi:106404] Re: good series?

to tenchi@usagi.org
from Joseph Riggs <eumerin@yahoo.com>
subject [tenchi:106404] Re: good series?
date Fri, 15 May 2009 09:44:40 -0700 (PDT)

--- On Thu, 5/14/09, kenshindono@comcast.net <kenshindono@comcast.net> wrot
e:

> From: kenshindono@comcast.net <kenshindono@comcast.net>
> Subject: [tenchi:106402] good series?
> To: tenchi@usagi.org
> Cc: kenshindono@comcast.net
> Date: Thursday, May 14, 2009, 7:42 PM
> hey guys, ive been gone from the
> fansub scene for quite a while. Just started snagging some
> stuff lately, mostly=A0 stuff from games and manga i
> found out they made anime of, like tales of the abyss,
> valkyria chronicles, and blade of the immortal. ALso
> just finished d.loading Moribito since media blasters was
> being really lame and i have no idea if they're going to
> even finish it
>
> anyway i was just wondering if theres anything coming out
> right now or in the past year or so thats worth a look?
>
> my tastes are anything but generic mech shows, or generic
> love stories/school girl anime. Though there are some
> exceptions; i liked gun parade march, and thought ai yori
> aoshi was ok
>
> some of my faves would probably be Wolfs rain, Full Metal
> Alchemist, Azumanga Daiho, Rurouni Kenshin, Cowboy Bebop,
> Gungrave, ect.
>
> I also like things that are a little different, I enjoyed
> Kino's journey, and monster a lot! or wacky as hell. Saw an
> epp of lucky star and thought that looked great
>
> any sugestions? kinda dont know where to start looking =3DP
>
> dont even know if this will go on through to the list my
> messages havent lately for some reason

Looks like it went through.

You might want to check out Basquash.  It's an on-going comedy series about
 mecha playing basketball.  Very odd.  Very silly.  Very humorous.  I'm enj
oying it.

Skip Gundam 00.  Not only is it generic mecha, but it's mostly boring gener
ic mecha even for a mecha fan.  And the first season (required viewing if y
ou want to understand what's going on in the second season) is by far the w
orse of the two seasons.

Alan mentioned Macross Frontier.  It's a mecha show, but it's a very well d
one series for the most part - although apparently YMMV.  According to his
blog, it appears that list member Astronerdboy didn't care much for it.  Bu
t he appears to be the exception from what I've seen.  Oh, and due to the i
ssues with Harmony Gold and Robotech over all things Macross, it'll probabl
y NEVER be released in the US.

There's also a new OVA series from Kajishima involving Tenchi's half-brothe
r getting taken to an alternate world.  It's just getting started, so I've
only seen a fansub of the very first episode (using a low quality raw, unfo
rtunately).  Assuming you didn't catch the name of it a week or two ago, th
e title is "Isekai no Seikishi Monogatari".

junior
=0A=0A=0A

Search field Search string

archive list