[tenchi:106394] Re: [OT] Any of these titles you'd recommended?

to tenchi@usagi.org
from Gregory Himes <gdhimes@yahoo.com>
subject [tenchi:106394] Re: [OT] Any of these titles you'd recommended?
date Tue, 24 Mar 2009 05:09:40 -0700 (PDT)

--- On Thu, 3/19/09, Kevin Aw <kevinaw@shaw.ca> wrote:

> From: Kevin Aw <kevinaw@shaw.ca>

> It may be a problem with bandwidth, so I don't know what
> sort of motherboard
> goes with a 2.0 ghz Mac... but I was playing a 1920x1080
> x264 AAC movie
> (GITS2) using VLC with no problems on a 2.4 ghz Core 2 Duo
> Mac laptop

The new VLC directly takes advantage of both the Core Graphics and the Core2 processor,
so I'm not too surprised.  But I'm not going to buy a new machine just because certain
fansub groups are too selfish.  Though it does mean certain anime has to be
overlooked at the local anime clubs.

There's so much to be said for Core2-dual Macs, and the software can now take care
of direct processor based code (i.e., windows programming).  Unfortunately, this also
leaves it wide open for windows security issues.  Then again, I worked for over 10

years on Windows based machines and never had a single issue, while those around me,
even on LANs were constantly BSOD'ng, and losing their systems to viruses (I was usually
the person telling the IT dept. about incursions).  Something about a little
knowledge (or a little experience)... ^_^

However, If I'm going to have a DualCore intel processor (or Quad), I might as well
get it as a Windows Machine.
Personally, I'm kind of looking forward to the new Windows7, as some of the newer
construction seems so much better than anything Vista promised.  Though, it's still
a long way to being released.

Search field Search string

archive list

unauthorized access prohibited