[tenchi:106384] Re: [OT] Any of these titles you'd recommended?

to <tenchi@usagi.org>
from "Kevin Aw" <kevinaw@shaw.ca>
subject [tenchi:106384] Re: [OT] Any of these titles you'd recommended?
date Thu, 19 Mar 2009 15:50:10 -0700
Hello, it's been a long time since I posted here.  12 years or something?

-----Original Message-----
Sent: March-19-09 2:21 PM
To: tenchi@usagi.org
Subject: [tenchi:106381] Re: [OT] Any of these titles you'd recommended?

> It's because matroska is ONLY native to windows.  Hacked players have been

> made for Macs and other platforms (VLC, perian), but they are horribly
slug
> gish, and choke on either large video sizes, or subtitle streams, lord
help
> you if both are used (1 frame per minute is often a real result).

It may be a problem with bandwidth, so I don't know what sort of motherboard
goes with a 2.0 ghz Mac... but I was playing a 1920x1080 x264 AAC movie
(GITS2) using VLC with no problems on a 2.4 ghz Core 2 Duo Mac laptop, just
a few weeks ago.  Maybe there have been some improvements since you last
tried? Mind you, VLC may have been able to take advantage of the dual
cores... something that also improved my playback of the very same movie on
a slower Windows machine.

Search field Search string

archive list

unauthorized access prohibited