[tenchi:106313] Re: I Survived a Japanese Game Show

to tenchi@usagi.org
from "AstroNerdBoy" <usr1054@astronerdboy.com>
subject [tenchi:106313] Re: I Survived a Japanese Game Show
date Mon, 30 Jun 2008 05:17:46 -0600 (MDT)

<usr1054@astronerdboy.com>

>> > Did any of
you catch this?=A0=A0 If you are bored, you can catch

some brief thoughts I had on the show here:

> Nope.  I
refused to watch it just from the title... and then I saw the

prom
> o during an ABC news program... now I will vehemently avoid
it.  "Reality"
> shows of this type always suck,

That's not why you watch this show.  I've only seen one
reality show in my life, and that was "Boot Camp."
Ignoring the fake drama of the reality show, the Japanese games are a hoot
and I loved getting to see bits of Japan in the first episode as well as
the bits of cultural stuff.  That's the reason to watch this show,
not the BS reality crap.

>> -- and I gave up on
"Heroes").

> I, as well.  The first season
was awesome, the second didn't seem like it
> as
written, acted, or filmed by the same people.  It seemed just flat and
> ifeless.

I think that can be attributed to
the writers strike.  The 2nd season had to be abrieviated just
because of the writers strike.  So there's a rush to write and a
general sense of, "meh."  Well, the actors strike should
kill the show for good, and a lot of other stuff as well.

-ANB

--
AstroNerdBoy's Anime/Manga/Japan Blog
http://astronerdboy.blogspot.com

Tenchi Muyo! FAQ
http://www.astronerdboy.com/tenchi/

"Death and Poverty
love me so much, they brought friends!"  -- Vash the Stampede,
"Trigun"

Search field Search string

archive list

unauthorized access prohibited