[tenchi:106274] Re: OVA 3 Box Set

to tenchi@usagi.org
from "AstroNerdBoy" <usr1054@astronerdboy.com>
subject [tenchi:106274] Re: OVA 3 Box Set
date Sun, 9 Mar 2008 04:45:15 -0600 (MDT)

> Yes, it can also be found at www.deepdiscount.com cheaper and
with free
> shipping...

http://www.deepdiscount.com/viewproduct.htm?productId=21414898

I gotta say, DeepDiscount rules. Free shipping means it will
be slow (sometime VERY slow), but its still free shipping and often the
cheapest price on the web.  I think their shipping got slower after
that fiasco with the last Harry Potter novel where they shipped a bunch
early.  Before that, free shipping used to get to me within a few
days.  After that, 2-3-weeks.  ^_^;

---- David Mandalis> <mandalis@earthlink.net> wrote:
> [...]
OAV ever
> released
US?

> Yup, and the primary fans (or
supporters/purchasers) get reamed
> royally, once again...  $90 if
you bought it as it came out...  $40 if
> you waited a couple of
months...
> At least when I bought the Japanese DVDs when they
were first released,
> every one of them came with a bonus CD, and
nice extra material.  Those
> that waited didn't get those
extras.

Well, that's always the risk in being an early
buyer.  For me, despite the flaws in OVA 3, it was worth it.
Then again, we got a collectors tin (for what that's worth) for the higher
price.

FUNimation is trying to push for set-releases from here
on out to cut down their own costs, lower prices from the start, and
hopefully get more buyers from the start as well.  Some Japanese
companies are against the idea though, deathly afraid of reverse importing
(imagine paying $90 for OVA 3 rather than ~$350 that the R2 DVD purchasers
paid).

I'm going to have to rewatch the canon OVA stuff again,
to include GXP, at some point.  Maybe I'll do that after I
move.  Got to get me some Tenchi-love time you know.  ^_~

--
AstroNerdBoy's Anime/Manga/Japan Blog
http://astronerdboy.blogspot.com

Tenchi Muyo! FAQ
http://www.astronerdboy.com/tenchi/

"Death and Poverty
love me so much, they brought friends!"  -- Vash the Stampede,
"Trigun"

Search field Search string

archive list

unauthorized access prohibited