[tenchi:106222] Re: Tenchi Muyo! GXP questions (Spoiler)

to tenchi@usagi.org
from JLHOnami@mchsi.com
subject [tenchi:106222] Re: Tenchi Muyo! GXP questions (Spoiler)
date Wed, 23 May 2007 16:21:11 +0000
Bear Powell wrote:
>> Alrighty, just got done finishing the series.
>> Couple questions:
>> 1) In the end did Seina wind up marrying Fuku, Kiriko, Amane, Neige,
>> Ryoko, Karen, Suiren, Hakuren, and Gyokuren? (Ending was vague.)
>>
>Opinions vary; Western fanfics like "Harem Saga" go for the "8+1 wives"
>theory, while some of the hentai stories in the "Kamidake Onsen"
>doujinshi imply that it's "4 (+1?) wives, 4 mistresses".  Of course, we
>never actually see a wedding happen...

I chose the "8+1" wives option based upon the simple idea that none of the
women would tolerate being left in a "temporary" status.  That the GP marriage
was a political arrangement is a given; that they would *all* demand
consumation is just logical.  Neiju, of course is still a tad underdeveloped
(physically, at least), but she will claim her full rights in due course.  As
for the Remza Gals, I would expect them to want to as many legal and civil
foundations for their...er....arrangement as possible.  That, and all eight
females are madly in love, and the emotional and psychological nesting
instincts that that general fosters.

Having said all that, there is nothing in K-Sensei's works to say he insists on
marriage, just on polygamy.  His only example of an established social contract
is between Azusa and his queens.  K-Sensei might be perfectly content to let
them all live in sin...but, having raised three daughters, and watched the
machinations and emotional turmoil that all of them put themselves through, I
am inclined to think the marriage contract will be enforced.  It's just human
nature.

>> 2) How was Seina able to generate such powerful LHW in the mecha form?
>> Do we have any information on the technology used in the suit? Still
>> even a little confused how Fuku appeared to be able to generate LHW
>> during the first ship migration.
>>
>Seina was able to generate the LHWs because (a) the mecha
>("Shinzou"-"The Idol") had a seed for a first-generation Royal Tree at
>its core, and (b) Fuku and the Kamidake II had synchronized with it to
>amplify its powers.
>
>IIRC, Fuku was synchronizing with the Mikagami's LHWs before Kiriko
>received her Royal Tree.

Seems to me I read somewhere that Ryo-ohki and Fuku are fundamentally different
critters.  The former is "geared" towards expressing/projecting the power of
Washu's Gems via Ryoko, while the latter is "geared" more towards symbiotic
relations with any of the various Choushin avatars...more like
focusing/amplifying energy irregardless of the source.  Can't recall the
reference, and it may have come from the Ayeka Fan Club forums, but it sounded
right to me.

Jeffery (Jeff) Harris
JLHOnami@mchsi.com

> > Alrighty, just got done finishing the series.
> > Couple questions:
> > 1) In the end did Seina wind up marrying Fuku, Kiriko, Amane, Neige,
> > Ryoko, Karen, Suiren, Hakuren, and Gyokuren? (Ending was vague.)
> >
> Opinions vary; Western fanfics like "Harem Saga" go for the "8+1 wives"
> theory, while some of the hentai stories in the "Kamidake Onsen"
> doujinshi imply that it's "4 (+1?) wives, 4 mistresses".  Of course, we
> never actually see a wedding happen...
> > 2) How was Seina able to generate such powerful LHW in the mecha form?
> > Do we have any information on the technology used in the suit? Still
> > even a little confused how Fuku appeared to be able to generate LHW
> > during the first ship migration.
> >
> Seina was able to generate the LHWs because (a) the mecha
> ("Shinzou"-"The Idol") had a seed for a first-generation Royal Tree at
> its core, and (b) Fuku and the Kamidake II had synchronized with it to
> amplify its powers.
>
> IIRC, Fuku was synchronizing with the Mikagami's LHWs before Kiriko
> received her Royal Tree.
> > --------------------------
> > Bear "replicant" Powell
> >
> > "Be resolute, fear no sacrifice and surmount every
> >  difficulty to win victory." - Chairman Mao Tse Tung
> >
> > *** Currently Playing***
> > <World of Warcraft - Ravenholdt RP-PvP Server> [Whirlwind Battlegroup]
> > Gaff (Lvl 70 Orc Warrior [35/23/3])
> > [Veteran of Felsenhummer]

Search field Search string

archive list