[tenchi:106079] Re: One Quick Question

to <tenchi@usagi.org>
from AstroNerdBoy <usr1054@astronerdboy.com>
subject [tenchi:106079] Re: One Quick Question
date Wed, 13 Dec 2006 2:00:03 -0700

> From: Gregory Himes <gdhimes@yahoo.com>

> > Well, considering the power the Royal trees draw from comes from the
> > Choushin Realm, I'd guess the Choushin know that space is indeed
> > occupied. ;-) Tokimi-sama controls the power (as seen in episode 19)
> > and then for Tsunami and Washu, they have
> > containers in the 3rd dimension for power to be drawn from the
> > Choushin Realm.  From there, those containers dispense power.
>
> Could you please point out where this information is actually
> presented.  I missed the details.  With the information I have, being
> able to draw power from a dimension doesn't imply you know anything
> about it, or that it is yours, or that you crated it. (Note I haven't
> viewed the "Funimation" translated episodes whole, yet, just the
> extras.  I plan to watch them back to back, shortly.

The Choushin reside outside of normal 3-D space.  They have supervisors for all the
dimentions they created.  D3 is one such supervisor, for the 3rd dimension.  Tokimi-sama
controls the Choushin power, as seen in episode 19.  Washu told her to release
them and the power so that they could react to Tenchi-kami-sama's emergence.  The
flowing "things" from Tokimi-sama represent the power if I understand correctly.

Anyway, for Tunami-no-ki or Washu's gems to have their Choushin power, they have to
access it across dimensions.  The Royal trees access Tsunami-no-ki's power via subspace
though.  That, in and of itself, is another dimension I suppose.  After all,
Royal trees can create subspace living quarters for their partners on their ship.

> Do you have access to an interview (etc.), from Kajishima, that was
> within the last 2 years or so?  If not, the entire statement you made
> was wrong.  Since in the interviews he gave before the release of GXP,
> included his plans and outlines for FIVE OVA sequences.  And since I
> hand translated the detailed portions of those interviews, I am certain
> of their veracity.  However, if he changed his plans, I'd certainly
> like to know, and better, know why.
>
> In the pre-GXP interviews, OVA4 was to explore the home life of Tenchi
> and the girls (very laid back series), and the fifth was to include a
> lot of action, and wrap everything up to a finale (my guess, we
> probably find out about the Kagato clones, and probably a little more
> of Dr. Clay -- surely he can get out of custody).  However, Kajishima
> stated quite clearly neither was going to resolve the "Who gets Tenchi"
> question. (In other words, that question will either, never be
> answered, or will be left to a special or a movie episode -- and
> remember Japanese anime moview quite often are only 30 minutes long --
> so it's not completely impossible).

http://www.aicanime.com/about/interview1_kajishima.html

***Relevant Kajishima-sensei quotes as translated by AIC***

T: Let's back to Tenchi. Normally, not many people can stand with that kind of chaos
life long. A normal human being will get crazy pretty soon if he has to deal with
so many troubles.

K: Well, Tenchi has the destiny to be so. Therefore, at the moment Tenchi decided
to live with Ryoko and other people, he already made up his mind.

T: He simply accepts his fates, right?

K: People may surprised to know that, "Tenchi Muyo!" anime is not the story about
how Tenchi grown up. Because Tenchi already gave people his answer in the very first
beginning.

T: Really? Its looks like the other way to me. I just watch that animation as normal
audience and the story so far is using many things, like, "what will happen to Tenchi?",
"Who is he going to be with?" to tickle fans' curiosity.

K: As I said a while ago, girls don't know Tenchi already has the answer. But I am
planning some episodes after the war between Goddess to explain that. I am thinking
of girls are forcing Tenchi to make up his mind to chose one among them.

 T: That's a BIG news for fans.

K: His decision will be the biggest break point of "Tenchi Muyo!" And end the Chapter
one of OVA series.

T: Tenchi is chased into a life that he can't make the choice as a normal male human
being. Or I should say his destiny has determined what he has to go through. Tenchi
is not allowed to have his own will and it all caused from his environment and
fates. He must go through good and bad things. Will Tenchi's life changed in the 3rd
OVA series?

K: The easy way to put the whole things is, Tenchi Muyo! the 1st, 2nd and 3rd are
like in WW2. The Chapter 2 of OVA are post WW2.

T: I believe people will be curious about the Chapter 2 as well. Do you have the idea
now?

K: Um...I wonder the project will be accepted by anybody...cause its about a normal
daily life after war.

T: Its like after war and everything settled, the rest of it is just normal daily
life.

K: Yes. But, there will be another meaning of "war" waiting for him...

T: Yeah, the "war" that is different from "The earth is in DANGER!" things.

K: Therefore, I think there will be no more 4th, 5th of "Tenchi Muyo! Ryohki"OVA Chapter
one.

T: I think the male fans are curious about Tenchi's "love life", you know what I mean
(grin). In what situation that Tenchi have to choice is the most mystery and interesting
part for us.

K: I agree. Personally, I want to end the story of the war between Goddesses and move
the story to the romantic part too. I am interesting in "that "as well (laugh)

***End of quotes***

That's the interview I know of (poorly translated though it is) and there's nothing
about multiple OAV's.  I do think he will do more TM!R stuff, but it won't be called
"OVA 4" simply because it will be a new chapter.

Right now, "Saint Knight's Tale" is next on the anime list from K-sensei with the
possibility of a hentai (OAV?) once the series is in full production.  The "GXP" novels
will continue to be pumped out (the next one in 2007).  The last thing K-sensei
said about the TM!R project was in the doujinshi "Kajishima Onsen 5.12" (late 2005)
so this is a quote:

" As to the original Tenchi, everything is up in the air right now. In any case, I'm
tied up until the current projects end. "

-ANB

Tenchi Muyo! FAQ
http://www.astronerdboy.com/tenchi/

"Death and Poverty love me so much, they brought friends!"  -- Vash the Stampede,
"Trigun"

Search field Search string

archive list

unauthorized access prohibited