[tenchi:106078] Re: One Quick Question

to tenchi@usagi.org
from Gregory Himes <gdhimes@yahoo.com>
subject [tenchi:106078] Re: One Quick Question
date Sun, 10 Dec 2006 13:31:29 -0800 (PST)
--- AstroNerdBoy <usr1054@astronerdboy.com> wrote:

> > From: Gregory Himes <gdhimes@yahoo.com>
>
> > I watched the "extras" the other day, and they do have everything
> > there.
> > Though the staff reviewer seems to be just a touch out of their
> medium
> > in the review.
> > I didn't learn anything I didn't know before GXP started -- but
> casual
> > and new viewers don't have the wisdom of some of our mailing lists,
> at
> > their fingers. I did learn for certain, that the Trees pull their
> power
> > from another dimension (which begs the question "Do the trees or
> the
> > Choushin know if that space is unoccupied?").
>
> Well, considering the power the Royal trees draw from comes from the
> Choushin Realm, I'd guess the Choushin know that space is indeed
> occupied. ;-) Tokimi-sama controls the power (as seen in episode 19)
> and then for Tsunami and Washu, they have
> containers in the 3rd dimension for power to be drawn from the
> Choushin Realm.  From there, those containers dispense power.

Could you please point out where this information is actually
presented.  I missed the details.  With the information I have, being
able to draw power from a dimension doesn't imply you know anything
about it, or that it is yours, or that you crated it. (Note I haven't
viewed the "Funimation" translated episodes whole, yet, just the
extras.  I plan to watch them back to back, shortly.

> > Granted, the live-action part of the Himitsu Nabe isn't going to
> appeal
> > much to most western viewers.
>
> Well, unless they haven't been reading the FAQ, ML, or the like, they
> don't know a lot about the canon series and I think there'd be a lot
> of things they'd learn of interest.

I was talking about the presentation form, not the information.

> K-sensei wrapped up "TM!R" with "OAV 3 +1," but has stated he'd like
> to expore Tenchi's love life in another OAV series.  But right now,
> there's no plans for another "TM!R" OAV.

Do you have access to an interview (etc.), from Kajishima, that was
within the last 2 years or so?  If not, the entire statement you made
was wrong.  Since in the interviews he gave before the release of GXP,
included his plans and outlines for FIVE OVA sequences.  And since I
hand translated the detailed portions of those interviews, I am certain
of their veracity.  However, if he changed his plans, I'd certainly
like to know, and better, know why.

In the pre-GXP interviews, OVA4 was to explore the home life of Tenchi
and the girls (very laid back series), and the fifth was to include a
lot of action, and wrap everything up to a finale (my guess, we
probably find out about the Kagato clones, and probably a little more
of Dr. Clay -- surely he can get out of custody).  However, Kajishima
stated quite clearly neither was going to resolve the "Who gets Tenchi"
question. (In other words, that question will either, never be
answered, or will be left to a special or a movie episode -- and
remember Japanese anime moview quite often are only 30 minutes long --
so it's not completely impossible).

Tenchi Muyo OVA3 and Galaxy Police Pan-Shot images!
http://projkutani.castledragmire.com/greg/MSC/PAN/Pans.html
This is the only current site, the old one was destroyed by
150m.com without notification or reason (it was still getting hits).

Search field Search string

archive list

unauthorized access prohibited
MLtools V3.1 Copyright (c) Usagi Labs