[tenchi:106074] Re: One Quick Question

to tenchi@usagi.org
from JLHOnami@mchsi.com
subject [tenchi:106074] Re: One Quick Question
date Sat, 09 Dec 2006 17:12:29 +0000
>==============================
> I personally found GXP to be better done than the third OVA, regardless
> of some of the ridiculous fan-service involved.  And there was too much
> stuff in the OVA designed to connect to GXP -- I thought that was
> designed to work the other way around.
>==============================

I liked GXP, also, other than horny robot.  I liked the characters, the
expanded viewof the galaxy, and even the ending (it was a astretch, four
women "ordered" into a political marriage, but it worked -- and the final
congrontation was great).

But then, I am not known for having good taste...

            Jeff

Jeffery (Jeff) Harris
JLHOnami@mchsi.com

> --- Jeff Harris <JLHOnami@mchsi.com> wrote:
>
> > Z could have been a really neat character, full of pathos and angst
> > and unbridled animosity towards the Chusin.  Phhht....
>
> Definitely agree with you there.  It was such a big lead up, and though
> it does fit "logical" it pretty much sucked with the kind of lead up it
> had.
>
> > Tenchi's "new family" is pathetic, particularly the bit about his
> > mother. Why couldn't she have died in an act of heroism, leaving
> behind that
> > Space Tree wreckage seen at the dimensional portal whenever Z drops
> in to
> > report to the boss?  What a story  that would've been: Tenchi trying
> > exact revenge for his mother's death at Z's hands, and Z trouncicng
> him as
> > well --  it would've taken the whole family to bring Z down.  Now
> *that*
> > wouldve been an epic.
>
> The bit about how his mother died, I found fine.  Dying of old-age
> under the extraterrestrial method of life extension is fine.  The
> presentation REALLY sucked.
>

> > It was irritating enough that the female cast of the first two OVA's
> > got regulated to bit-player status, but I thought the total
> dumbing-down
> > of Mihoshi was reprehensible.
>
> Both Mihoshi and Ryoko.  And the hint dropped about "that" happening to
> her again still would have worked whether or not she's a bimbo, or
> PTS-ravaged and forgetful.
>
> I personally found GXP to be better done than the third OVA, regardless
> of some of the ridiculous fan-service involved.  And there was too much
> stuff in the OVA designed to connect to GXP -- I thought that was
> designed to work the other way around.

> Tenchi Muyo OVA3 and Galaxy Police Pan-Shot images!
> http://projkutani.castledragmire.com/greg/MSC/PAN/Pans.html
> This is the only current site, the old one was destroyed by
> 150m.com without notification or reason (it was still getting hits).

> ____
> Yahoo! Music Unlimited
> Access over 1 million songs.
> http://music.yahoo.com/unlimited