[tenchi:106070] Re: One Quick Question

to tenchi@usagi.org
from nik <silvourbolt@yahoo.com>
subject [tenchi:106070] Re: One Quick Question
date Thu, 7 Dec 2006 18:53:52 -0800 (PST)
--- Jeff Harris <JLHOnami@mchsi.com> wrote:

> I, personally, think that Kajashima dropped the ball with OVA 3.

Big time.

 There were
> so many way he could have gone with this,

Yeah... over a decade of fanfics are a good sign that the 2nd OVA was wiiiiiide open.

 and it just fell flat.  He has
> spent a decade or more writing an epic that spans tens of thousands of
> years, with a tremendous amount of back-story available for animation -- and
> he wasted two episodes out of six on Mashisu and Misao.  I rest my case.

I motion for directed verdict in favor of striking the last OVA altogether.

The 1st ep was a recap-cute, but I've seen this before-, the next episode is a cheap

con-job.  No Kiyone, but Tenchi's sister?  Laaaame.  Glad to see she contributed *so*

heavily to the series and *clearly* had great purpose and was *not* a gimmick in any
way.
Then, we get Tennyo, Airi, Noike, Seto in short order... all of whom are pretty much
the
same kind of personality with no time to develop any of their characters well enough
for
me to care, and none of whom are particularly interesting.  I couldn't care less about

Mashisu or Misao, or the ridiculous plot that Z comes up with.  The only episode worth

watching is "Z" but that episode is a gigantic narrative mess.  Why couldn't THAT
episode
have been dragged out over several episodes?  Don't even get me started on the last
ep,
which turns Tenchi's mother into a complete joke and is disrespectful to the image

portrayed in not only the viewer's mind, but Tenchi's as well.  Boo.

Search field Search string

archive list

unauthorized access prohibited
MLtools V3.1 Copyright (c) Usagi Labs