[tenchi:106068] One Quick Question

to washu@cohprog.com, tenchi@usagi.org, ryokoforever@yahoogroups.com,
from Gregory Himes <gdhimes@yahoo.com>
subject [tenchi:106068] One Quick Question
date Thu, 7 Dec 2006 14:11:00 -0800 (PST)
I'm hoping to spark a little life into the MLs (like Dr. Frankenstein),
so I'm spreading my post among more than one....  (so you may get more
than one of these).

--- Mark Jones <faferd@msn.com> wrote:
> I was going to pick it up at Best Buy, but they didn't have it at my
> local
> store.  Strange, considering I got volume 2 from them.  Anyway,
> according
> to the staff review on Amazon, it does have it.

I watched the "extras" the other day, and they do have everything
there.
Though the staff reviewer seems to be just a touch out of their medium
in the review.
I didn't learn anything I didn't know before GXP started -- but casual
and new viewers don't have the wisdom of some of our mailing lists, at
their fingers. I did learn for certain, that the Trees pull their power
from another dimension (which begs the question "Do the trees or the
Choushin know if that space is unoccupied?").  And the reviewer didn't
even bother to tell you who the "squeaky voiced" actresses were.
Granted, the live-action part of the Himitsu Nabe isn't going to appeal
much to most western viewers.  And, of course, "nothing that occurs
precludes yet another series," because if Kajishima gets his way, there
will be two more OVA sequences before the series will officially end
(at least this semi-continuity, anyway) -- he revealed that, what? four
or five years ago?.
However, the little bit revealed near the end, with Noike, is a bit
much, fictional story or even in a (impossible) real situation.  So, if
things progress a little farther, Tenchi will have killed one half, and
then have a close relationship with the other half of the same person?
The family tree really will need 3 or 4 dimensions to be comprehensible
 ^_^  and then there's still the other clones... (assuming Washu isn't
telling us whopper).

Damn, now even the reviewers are bashing Ryoko.  Is there anyone
including her co-creator that isn't going to slap her around a bit
more?  Besides, if Ryoko's inebriated, it's because she wants to be -
and that brings up the point, "Does Kajishima really expect us to
believe that her new life is so bad, she wants to avoid it?"  She's
acting more like she's under house arrest, in this series, than a
person who can go almost anywhere in the galaxy, with or without
spaceship, anytime she wants.  And there's all that fun she can have
using Ryo-Ohki's eyes... Hmmm, helpful, sweet, little Ryo-Ohki  ^_^

WASHU: "Now discuss!"

> Amazon.com review:
> Final Confrontation (2003) more or less picks up where the previous
> Ryo-Ohki OVAs left off, and appends happy endings to the previous
> storylines. Mihoshi's nutty brother Misao gets to marry Mashisu,
through
> the intervention of Lady Seto, "the Devil Princess of Jurai." Yosho
and
> Nobuyuki tell Tenchi strange stories about his mother (which don't
jibe
> with previous depictions of her), then Nobuyuki remarries--with
everyone's
> blessings. In short, the plot stumbles and collapses like Ryoko after
> three-day binge. Nothing that occurs precludes yet another series for
the
> ever-popular Tenchi Masaki, but fans would probably prefer one with a
more
> coherent storyline. The extras include Tenchi Muyo!
Entertainment/Secret
> Pot, in which two squeaky-voiced actresses discuss aspects of the
Tenchi
> continuity without shedding much light on them, and Local Specialty,
> Tenchi radio show illustrated with still images. (Rated TV PG,
suitable for
> ages 12 and older: brief nudity, cartoon violence, minor risqu humor,
> alcohol use) --Charles Solomon

Tenchi Muyo OVA3 and Galaxy Police Pan-Shot images!
http://projkutani.castledragmire.com/greg/MSC/PAN/Pans.html
This is the only current site, the old one was destroyed by
150m.com without notification or reason (it was still getting hits).

Want to start your own business?
Learn how on Yahoo! Small Business.
http://smallbusiness.yahoo.com/r-index

Search field Search string