[tenchi:106038] Re: GXP Novels Info Request

to tenchi@usagi.org
from "Joseph Riggs" <josephriggs@lycos.com>
subject [tenchi:106038] Re: GXP Novels Info Request
date Tue, 09 May 2006 10:02:29 -0800

Pointless trivia on OSC's Abyss -

I haven't read it myself, but I read a talk he gave once where he brought it up and
mentioned that it was a specific collaboration between himself and the movie writer
to see what could be done with a movie novelization instead of the usual "quick way

to make a few extra bucks".  Hence the reason why it might seem different from most
novelizations.

I've read one of the 'D' novels.  I don't remember the name of it, unfortunately,
but it centers around a hill that apparently has some sort of time distortion effect
(it takes most people all day to get to the top, but only about half an hour to
descend) and four kids that disappeared several years prior (and three of whom who
were found shortly thereafter).  There were definitely plenty of comments about how
beautiful D was, although they didn't go over the line.  Got pretty close, but
didn't quite make it that far.

:P

There's also the Gundam novelizations.  This trilogy was published in English waaaaaay
back around 1990, and were re-released a year or two ago.  The three volumes were
released as one book, and some of the spellings from the original translation were

changed to bring them in line with official spellings (for instance, what was written
then as the more phonetically correct 'Sha' is now spelled according to the official
'Char').  The novels are written by Tomino and tell the tale of Amuro Rey's
experiences during the One Year War.  But there are quite a few differences between
this and the TV series.

junior

--

Search field Search string