[tenchi:106019] Re: Seeking fanservice anime titles...

to tenchi@usagi.org
from Alan Zabaro <azabaro@ix.netcom.com>
subject [tenchi:106019] Re: Seeking fanservice anime titles...
date Wed, 12 Apr 2006 07:25:28 -0700
Luriko-Ysabeth wrote:
> On Mon, 10 Apr 2006, Bear Powell wrote:
>
>> Hey guys/gals, looking for new (to me at least) stuff to watch. A friend
>> and I were talking about anime styles we like and she and I both like to
>> watch the more "fanservice" kinda of stuff. Not hentai per se, but
>> definitely suggestive and usually highly funny. Titles like Chobits,
>> Hand Maid May, Excel Saga, Golden Boy, Love Hina ring out as some of my
>> faves. I suppose these would fall under Ecchi (don't mind if a bit more
>> mature) as their actual category. Thanks for any recommended titles.

Maburaho
Re: Cutie Honey (3 episode OVA, not licensed)
Shinobuden (US title is Ninja Nonsense)
Godannar (like a Go Nagai series done by AIC - at least, the few
episodes I've seen make me think that)
Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi (OK for the first half or so; the
serious storyline they try to fit into the latter half of the series
just doesn't fit very well. But it's still pretty watchable most of the
time).
Melody of Oblivion is surprisingly fanservicey towards the end, but the
tone is a little dark, if somewhat silly at times (yeah, silly and dark.
I'm not sure how else to describe it).
Lupin (if you're OK with older animation; not always fanservicey, but
often enough...)
DearS (actually veers into feeling a little creepy to me)
Mezzo (the series, not the standalone movie which is available with and
without gratuitous hentai)
World of Narue (might be a little sappier than you're looking for)
UFO Ultramaiden Valkyrie (only seen the sample episode on the Newtype
sampler disc, but frankly any series that features a raygun that turns
girls into catgirls has to be worth a closer look)
Kekko Kamen (close to outright hentai)

For these, I've read some of the manga but haven't seen any of the
anime, so I don't know quite how they came out
Negima
Boys Be
High School Girls (mentioned by Hitoshi)

not always very light, but often fanservicey and comedic
Ghost Talker's Daydream
ROD the TV
Kiddy Grade
Mahoromatic (first season only)
Tenjou Tenge

[...]
> Midori no Hibi is full of suggestive humor, if you can ignore the fact
> that it's on CRACK.

That might actually be an understatement.

> Oh. And I'm an idiot. I'm an IDIOT. You should watch Genshiken. Everyone
> in the world should watch Genshiken. I think the only episode where I

You especially have to watch Genshiken if you've ever been in, or helped
run, a college anime club. But you should watch it either way. But it
isn't directly what you've asked for (and I still haven't watched the
included Kujibiki Unbalance episodes - I wonder if they'll make more,
now that a second season of Genshiken is in the works?)

Alan Zabaro

Search field Search string

archive list

unauthorized access prohibited