[tenchi:106015] Re: Seeking fanservice anime titles...

to TenchiML <tenchi@usagi.org>
from Luriko-Ysabeth <iac@umich.edu>
subject [tenchi:106015] Re: Seeking fanservice anime titles...
date Tue, 11 Apr 2006 14:21:30 -0400 (EDT)
On Mon, 10 Apr 2006, Bear Powell wrote:

> Hey guys/gals, looking for new (to me at least) stuff to watch. A friend
> and I were talking about anime styles we like and she and I both like to
> watch the more "fanservice" kinda of stuff. Not hentai per se, but
> definitely suggestive and usually highly funny. Titles like Chobits,
> Hand Maid May, Excel Saga, Golden Boy, Love Hina ring out as some of my
> faves. I suppose these would fall under Ecchi (don't mind if a bit more
> mature) as their actual category. Thanks for any recommended titles.

Hm. I suppose you've already seen Kimagure Orange Road (on the more
innocent end) and Cutey Honey?

Kyou Kara Maoh!, which I recently got into, has a lot of highly funny
often suggestive humor, but it's more likely than not to be suggestive m/m
humor, so I don't know whether that would be to your taste or not. (The
hero winds up sort-of-accidentally engaged to a guy while completely not
believing that a betrothal to another guy is valid, another guy nosebleeds
and squeals over the hero all the time, a six-foot-something muscly guy
crossdresses in order to carry out espionage, the kickass female
characters sit back and watch the antics and probably run a betting pool
on who's going to end up with whom, that kind of thing.)

Midori no Hibi is full of suggestive humor, if you can ignore the fact
that it's on CRACK.

Oh. And I'm an idiot. I'm an IDIOT. You should watch Genshiken. Everyone
in the world should watch Genshiken. I think the only episode where I
wasn't laughing from start to finish was the one where the prettyboy
otaku's non-otaku girlfriend was trying to cosplay as a bobble from a
puzzleybobble game because she thought it would turn him on, and that was
because I felt bad for her (despite normally being annoyed with her for
trying to get him to junk his hobbies). Plus it has bonus episodes of the
meta-show Kujibiki Unbalance, which is almost exactly the sort of thing
you were talking about earlier.

I expect you've seen GTO already, too.

Sincerely,
Luriko-Ysabeth, hon otaku | member in good standing of #WEIRD# | GDI
Kendappa Clan | Sosai/Pooh-Bah for life of the Washuu-sensei Rules club
GSI of Washuu-Skuldism | member of too many organizations to list here
"Look, 'the Church' only believes THREE things, and the Unitarians don't
believe one of them."	-- me after Yet Another Religious Debate
http://www-personal.umich.edu/~iac/weird.html   (or ~iac/me.html)

Search field Search string

archive list

unauthorized access prohibited