[tenchi:105948] Re: News from AnimeNext

to tenchi@usagi.org
from Gregory Himes <gdhimes@yahoo.com>
subject [tenchi:105948] Re: News from AnimeNext
date Tue, 21 Jun 2005 19:58:19 -0700 (PDT)

--- nik <silvourbolt@yahoo.com> wrote:

> --- Gregory Himes <gdhimes@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> > Though I missed the actual panel, I did manage to talk to the
> officials
> > from Funimation:
> >
> > I tore them a new one for the crappy attempt with GXP (especially
> after
> > the wonderful job on Blue Gender and Fruits Basket).
> > They definitely have the rights to OVA3 eps 1-6, but do not have
> the
> > rights to the upcoming special
>

> when is that coming out?

If I remember right, it is due out at the end of September.  However
due to the continuous lateness of many of the original Japanese discs,
it could be up to november before it sees the light of day.
You'll have to keep an eye on Amazon.co.jp and CD-Japan, AIC,
Tenchi-web, et al, to know for certain.   It's completely random who
will announce it first.

> or the midpoint special disc.

> whozzujigga wha?

It's english translation is "Secret Saucepan."  It is the disc they
used to appease the fans, when they made a big delay in the release
schedule (well, that's a guess on my part, but it did come out as if it
were a normal scheduled episode, effectively delaying the next one).
It consisted of several still shot stories, similar to epiosde
13.5-Here Comes Jurai 2.

> > They have all the english VAs except one.  Of course, it happens to
be
> > Petrea Burchard, the english voice for Ryoko.

> Earmuffs!  Earmuffs!

That sounds like a punchline in a Hentai anime...

Complete address changes: Tenchi OVA 3 and Galaxy Police images!
http://projkutani.castledragmire.com/greg/MSC/PAN/Pans.html
BLOW your bookmarks, FRELL your favorites, use the new URL!
or visit the delapidated site ---> www.TenchiMuyo.150m.com

Yahoo! Sports
http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com

Search field Search string