[tenchi:105889] Re: Re:OVA 19

to tenchi@usagi.org
from nik <silvourbolt@yahoo.com>
subject [tenchi:105889] Re: Re:OVA 19
date Thu, 14 Apr 2005 15:18:19 -0700 (PDT)
--- True Sheol <sheol@mail.ev1.net> wrote:
 So, no matter what foreshadowing or hint is give, unless
> it is made absolutely clear so that every brain-dead viewer
> will 'get' it, it's bad storytelling.  -_-#

That is a gross misrepresentation of the argument, True Sheol.  I would suggest rereading

the previous posts before making a claim like that, particularly before associating

people who disagree with your view with "brain-dead viewers."

I assure you that I, for one, am not brain-dead.  Nor did I ever ask for things to
be
made "absolutely clear."  In fact, I stated on several occasions that I did not want
see detailed explanations because I feel they can be just as guilty of killing a good

story as the underexplained, confusing, shock-value stunts such as the Misaki incident.

> >So there's a little foreshadowing with Tenchi, but things often
> happen in stories without foreshadowing.  However there was
> foreshadowing with Misaki, just not in the form that we westerners
> would like (meaning the anime).<
>
>      Let's make this simple.  If it would have been so easy to
> foreshadow Misaki's connection with the counter reaction, how
> precisely could have Kajishima have done it which would have been
> satisfactory?

That question is more about art than science.  I think that trying to identify a maximum

and minimum point of satisfaction will only serve as a distraction.
nik

Search field Search string

archive list

unauthorized access prohibited