[tenchi:105871] Re: Re:OVA 19

to tenchi@usagi.org
from nik <silvourbolt@yahoo.com>
subject [tenchi:105871] Re: Re:OVA 19
date Sat, 9 Apr 2005 18:17:33 -0700 (PDT)
--- AstroNerdBoy <usr1054@astronerdboy.com> wrote:

> > From: nik <silvourbolt@yahoo.com>
> >
> > --- True Sheol <sheol@mail.ev1.net> wrote:
> >
> > > Reply at end.

> > I still find the idea that the joke from episode 13 had any meaning other than
> humorous
> one to be absurd.
>
> Mihoshi getting into Washu's lab and causing things to go nuts is a joke, yet there
is
> meaning behind the laughter.  There were jokes about Ryoko when Zero copied her,
yet
> again behind the laughter, a story was being told.

I'm not quite sure which jokes you are referring to, and what purpose the humor was

supposed to have on the plot.

 I'd have to rewatch TM!R
> from the begining to recall all of the jokes that had story points behind them,
but my
> point is that the Misaki joke with her slamming Ryoko around had more behind it
which
> we didn't see at the time.

With all due respect, I think that is reaching.  I think you are placing meaning where

none was intended.  What reasonable person could conclude from that scene that Misaki
is
a goddess?  Is it not true that Misaki's character in that episode serves as mostly

(almost exclusively) as comic relief?  Was there anyone before OVA 19 was released
who
assumed that something extra was implied in that scene beyond humor regarding Misaki's

state of being?
nik
nik

Yahoo! Mail Mobile