[tenchi:105865] Re: Re:OVA 19

to tenchi@usagi.org
from "Joseph Riggs" <josephriggs@lycos.com>
subject [tenchi:105865] Re: Re:OVA 19
date Fri, 08 Apr 2005 19:47:45 -0500
----- Original Message -----
To: tenchi@usagi.org
Subject: [tenchi:105864] Re: Re:OVA 19
Date: Fri, 8 Apr 2005 18:26:42 -0600

> > From: "Joseph Riggs" <josephriggs@lycos.com>

Actually, from what we've seen in the new OVA series, there's nothing noteworthy about
knocking Ryoko around.  Remember our thread a while back about the fact that Ryoko
seems to be a physical pushover lately?

> That said, with only one episode that had Misaki in it, how do you
> provide more hints than what the episode provided?  How do you work
> her into more of the story?

That's for Kajishima to figure out.  He's the writer, so he's the one who plots where
stuff appears.  Its not as if he couldn't have interjected her at some point.  Perhaps
she used the excuse of her mother's visit to Earth to tag along and visit her
daughters again?

> I'll admit that had Mihoshi been the Counteractor, we would have
> all been, "makes sense."  But K-sensei likes to do unexpected
> things and he did hint at them for the Japanese audience.

But there's a difference between doing "unexpected things" and bringing them out of
the blue.  And he didn't hint at them for the Japanese audience.  He hinted at them
for the reading audience.  That's a very important distinction.  Even as easy as it

may be for people in Japan to get hold of the novels and other materials, I've seen
nothing to hint that there aren't a large number of fans of animated Tenchi that didn't
read the novels.

It goes back to the Star Wars example I gave.  People love Star Wars.  For quite a
long time there were no new Star Wars movies.  But that doesn't mean that everyone
who loved Star Wars went and read every last novel that came out - or even
necessarily any novel at all.

I strongly doubt that everyone who watches Tenchi in Japan is a die-hard "must have
it all" fan.  But the argument being presented here is that everyone who watches Tenchi
in Japan is indeed a die-hard "must have it all" fan.

junior

--

http://datingsearch.lycos.com

Search field Search string