[tenchi:105846] Re: Re:OVA 19

to <tenchi@usagi.org>
from AstroNerdBoy <usr1054@astronerdboy.com>
subject [tenchi:105846] Re: Re:OVA 19
date Sun, 3 Apr 2005 19:36:50 -0600
> --- True Sheol <sheol@mail.ev1.net> wrote:
>
> > Clarification at end.

> > > From: nik <silvourbolt@yahoo.com>

> <<cut explanations and theories on Misaki from TS>>
>
>   It isn't so much that he explains or alludes to Misaki's condition in other mediums

> that pisses me off, but what chaps my ass is that there really is no hint in the
OVAs
> themselves.  To the majority of people who watch Tenchi, there is a big glaring
"what the
> hell??"
> "Throw us a frikkin' bone here!" - Dr. Evil
> nik

The majority of people where?

See, that's the million-dollar question isn't it.  TM!R wasn't written for us poor,
English-speaking slobs.  It was written for Japanese people living in Japan who can
speak and read Japanese and who know Japanese culture and religion.

K-sensei knew that after OAV 2, there would be no more canon TM!R anime episodes for
a while.  Because he wanted to answer Japanese fans questions, he started writing
the three "Shin Tenchi Muyo" novels.  Those were cheaper to produce and faster to

create than an OAV series and allowed him to tell whatever he wanted.  At the same
time, he produced doujinshi works (something he'd been doing since OAV 1) with some
providing interesting bits of information.

So most Japanese TM!R fans already know all of this extra stuff that we don't know.
It sucks, but that's why I'm trying to get TM!R fans who are bilingual to step up
to the plate and help translate this stuff into English.  The doujinshi works will

never be officially produced in English (IMO) and it is doubtful that the novels (including
K-sensei's GXP novels) will ever be brought over.  Kryo's working on that and needs
help!  That way, at least we English-speaking fans will have more of the
story as a whole and not be limited soley to the anime.

Tenchi Muyo! FAQ
http://www.astronerdboy.com/tenchi
"...taking your attacks is as easy as farting." -- Genkai-san, "Yu Yu Hakusho"

Search field Search string

archive list

unauthorized access prohibited
MLtools V3.1 Copyright (c) Usagi Labs