[tenchi:105842] Re: Re:OVA 19

to <tenchi@usagi.org>
from AstroNerdBoy <usr1054@astronerdboy.com>
subject [tenchi:105842] Re: Re:OVA 19
date Sat, 2 Apr 2005 6:44:16 -0700

> From: "True Sheol" <sheol@mail.ev1.net>
> Date: 2005/04/01 Fri PM 07:02:13 MST
> To: <tenchi@usagi.org>
> Subject: [tenchi:105841] Re: Re:OVA 19

> > From: nik <silvourbolt@yahoo.com>

>      It's something that's been in the interviews and hinted at in the STM
> novels.  Everything has been a lead up to Tenchi.  That is why the STM
> novels were countdowns to Tenchi and why Kajshima stated that he has been
> wrapped up with the Choushin's purposes.  Tenchi is not created, not bred,
> but like the Choushin (albeit superior to them), a higher dimensional
> lifeform manifested as a human child.  The Choushin could only track the
> anomalies to guess where he might appear.  This is also why Tsunami's
> prediction was off by over 800,000 years.  She originally thought that he
> would appear in about a million years when she met the boy that would
> become the first Emperor of Jurai.  Instead, Tenchi appeared in only about
> 150,000 years.

Man.  This is such great stuff for the FAQ.  Thanks TS!

>      Though Tenchi was cut in half, he did not die.  If you recall the
> debate concerning whether he had been cut in half by Kagato, it should have
> been no surprise.  One of Tenchi's powers is material conversion, after
> all, and I saw the glow after Kagato's strike to be evidence of his
> repairing himself with his power.  Additionally, it also has to do with why
> Tenchi never seemed to be in control of his powers, as if some part of him
> knew precisely what to do, while his conscious mind did not.  Tenchi is
> dualistic, a mortal being that is the manifestation of a higher
> being.  'Glowing Tenchi' is that being.  When Tenchi returned from his
> revery, he was pissed!  He then obliterated Z with massive energy (LHWs
> most likely) emanating from his body (it happens very quickly).  Later,
> Tokimi reconstituted Z as a baby and sent him back to his home planet.  Do
> you recall the mentioning of how they could rebuild someone, but that being
> would no longer have LHWs?  So, the reborn Z does not have LHWs.

If Tokimi sent Z back in time to re-live life on his home planet, one would tend to
think that Z would now be a normal person (as you stated).  Considering how things
go in K-sensei's universe, could he be someone known to us but by a different name

(if there are any clues in the doujinshi or novels)?

>      As for Misaki, Kajishima hinted at it in the STM novels, in Q&As, and
> in his doujinshi.  Like Mihoshi's condition, we only recieved hints.  Many
> Japanese fans chose to interpret Misaki's freakish power as some sort of
> mutation.  I did not, but I didn't have a really good explanation for it.
> Also, I personally thought that Kajishima's statements concerning how the
> galaxy would learn the true terror of Misaki was going to be in reference
> to her getting drunk while piloting Karin-fune, much as a drunk Funaho
> wreaked havoc with Mizuho-fune and Karin-fune joined together.  A few
> Japanese fans simply thought that she would simply go insane sometime in
> the future.

Again, more great stuff for me to get into the FAQ!  Thanks again TS!

If there are three Choushin, could there be three Counteractors as well?

Search field Search string

archive list

unauthorized access prohibited
MLtools V3.1 Copyright (c) Usagi Labs