[tenchi:105778] Re: First emperor of Jurai?

to tenchi@usagi.org
from "Joseph Riggs" <josephriggs@lycos.com>
subject [tenchi:105778] Re: First emperor of Jurai?
date Tue, 15 Feb 2005 19:03:32 -0500
----- Original Message -----
To: tenchi@usagi.org
Subject: [tenchi:105775] Re: First emperor of Jurai?
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2005 16:14:55 -0600

> ANB Wrote:
> ===================================
> http://www.astronerdboy.com/tenchi/Images/Ryoko%20&%20Daughter.jpg
>
> That's the doujinshi cover I was referring to.
> ===================================
>
> Is it just my rather poor powers of observation, or is Ryoko still missing
> her gems?  She has a couple tattooed on her oh-so-nice anatomy (what's
> visible, anyway), but the closest thing to the full suite seems to be that
> left earring.  Did the doujinshi offer any details about that graphic?

Just a guess, but she's not going to get them back until she really, really, absolutely
must have them - as in, "End of the World" sort of a fight with some unknown threat.

She could ask Tenchi to give them to her, but unless there was an emergency he'd probably
suspect her of being up to some sort of mischief.  She quit pestering him about the
gems early on because she knew he didn't like it, and if she were to suddenly
start now it would look a little odd.  Tenchi could, in theory, spontaneously offer
her the gems, but it also might look a little condescending - along the lines of,
"You've learned to be mature and responsible now, so I'll let you have the gems
back!"  That would be a good way to annoy her.

And she doesn't really need the remaining two.  Even with just one gem she could have
beaten Kagato - if he didn't already have a contingency plan available that would
have stopped her no matter how many gems she had (i.e. set his bridge up to drain

the power of the gems).  Because of that, its unlikely that she's going to encounter
a situation any time soon where the other two gems will actually make a difference.
With one gem, the only thing that she's likely to run into that will give her
problems is a Juraian tree.

Finally, there's also the question of what will happen to Funaho-tree and Yosho if
the two remaining gems are removed from the sword hilt.  If removing them causes Yosho
to start aging again, then it would take some pretty dire circumstances to get
Tenchi to permanently remove them from the hilt.  In that case, its possible that
even if Tenchi did give them to her, it would only be until some crisis was over.
They would then be returned to the hilt.

junior

--

Search field Search string

archive list