[tenchi:105658] Re: [OT] PS2 Problems

to tenchi@usagi.org
from "Joseph Riggs" <josephriggs@lycos.com>
subject [tenchi:105658] Re: [OT] PS2 Problems
date Wed, 08 Dec 2004 12:07:58 -0500
----- Original Message -----
To: tenchi@usagi.org
Subject: [tenchi:105655] Re: [OT] PS2 Problems
Date: Wed, 8 Dec 2004 02:25:41 -0500

No extension cable, so that's not it.

And as I mentioned, I'm getting odd results with different discs in the machine.
With Star Ocean, there's no controller function whatsoever even when I switched controllers
(it was working - it just quit the other day).  I dropped a DVD in the
machine (Macross vol. 7, for the curious), and while the regular controller had problems,
the other controller appeared to work fine.

So while yeah, I've definitely got a bad controller, I'm a bit hesitant to pin the
problems strictly on the controller.  The test with the DVD suggests that the second
controller should work fine with Star Ocean - but it doesn't.

I have yet to test it with another game.  The thought didn't occur to me at the time,
and I haven't taken another look at it yet.

junior

--

Search field Search string

archive list