[tenchi:105612] Re: <OT> I have completely lost faith in the majority of US Voters.

to tenchi@usagi.org
from Andy Turner <turner@mikomi.org>
subject [tenchi:105612] Re: <OT> I have completely lost faith in the majority of US Voters.
date Thu, 4 Nov 2004 12:10:31 -0500
On Wed, Nov 03, 2004 at 03:34:05PM -0500, Joseph Riggs wrote:
> I don't even like the idea that some states have implemented of
> splitting up their electoral votes according to what percentage of
> the state's vote each candidate got (i.e. a state that had 5 votes
> and went 40/60 on the popular vote would split the votes 2/3
> between the two candidates).

That isn't actually how it works, at least here in Maine.  We split
our votes based on their origin.  So we have 2 votes that are decided
by whatever the statewide majority is (for the votes granted by the
senate seats) and 1 vote is granted for the majority in each
congressional district.

Personally I'm in favor of moving towards instant runoff voting.

--
Andy <turner@mikomi.org>

Search field Search string

archive list