[tenchi:105580] Re: <OT> I have completely lost faith in the majority of US Voters.

to tenchi@usagi.org
from Maru <marudubshinki@yahoo.com>
subject [tenchi:105580] Re: <OT> I have completely lost faith in the majority of US Voters.
date Wed, 3 Nov 2004 13:57:55 -0800 (PST)
You forgot to add:
Republican Controlled Federal Judiciary
Republican Controlled Supreme Court (Coming Soon!)

We really should just scrap the electoral college and plurality
voting, and move to approval voting.  The original justification
for the college (the independant states) is gone, and the only
reason it hangs around is inertia and the rural states fighting
to keep their undeserved power.  And we all have seen teh problem
with plurality voting in close elections, which are what we'll
have for the forseeable future (I don't see much moderation
happening- the culturally conservative want to stop the
increasing amounts of change, and as it speeds along,
progressives and conservatives will be ripped apart
(partisanized) by the incresing gulf of years and change).
~Maru
Incidentally, the irrationality of many voters has confirmed my
faith in elitism for good.
--- Bear Powell <replicant@northstate.net> wrote:

> Bush Wins Re-Election.
>
> Republican Controlled Presidency.
> Republican Controlled Senate.
> Republican Controlled House.
>
> Welcome to Lower/Middle Class Hell!
>
> --------------------------
> Bear "replicant" Powell
>
> "Be resolute, fear no sacrifice and surmount every
>  difficulty to win victory." - Chairman Mao Tse Tung
>
> ***Currently Playing***
> Counter Strike: Source (PC - Steam Online)
> "I'm addicted and I suck at this game. >_<!"
>
> ***Future MMORPG Prospects***
> World of Warcraft (PC) - Fun
> Everquest 2 (PC) - Immersive
> Wish (PC) - Huge Potential