[tenchi:105575] Re: <OT> I have completely lost faith in the majority of US Voters.

to tenchi@usagi.org
from Alan Zabaro <azabaro@ix.netcom.com>
subject [tenchi:105575] Re: <OT> I have completely lost faith in the majority of US Voters.
date Wed, 03 Nov 2004 10:21:37 -0800
Bear Powell wrote:

> Bush Wins Re-Election.
>
> Republican Controlled Presidency.
> Republican Controlled Senate.
> Republican Controlled House.

Don't forget that this presidency comes with the opportunity to appoint
a number of Supreme Court justices (up to 4). So you should expect a
Republican controlled Supreme Court as well.

> Welcome to Lower/Middle Class Hell!

To be honest, I was more concerned about the disdain for habeas corpus
(as demonstrated by Guantamo, and blocked only by SCOTUS - I expect this
to change), as well as the effort to find ways to bypass the 8th
amendment (specifically the "cruel and unusual punishment" portion).

I'm dismayed at these results. (And FWIW I'm a registered Republican)

OTOH, at least there won't be an extended legal battle this time. It's
pretty clear what the majority voted for.

Alan Zabaro

Search field Search string

archive list

unauthorized access prohibited