[tenchi:105567] Re: TM!R Question(s)

to tenchi@usagi.org
from Gregory Himes <gdhimes@yahoo.com>
subject [tenchi:105567] Re: TM!R Question(s)
date Wed, 27 Oct 2004 22:15:30 -0700 (PDT)
--- AstroNerdBoy <usr1054@astronerdboy.com> wrote:

> "Another interesting question is where did the new ship Ryo-Ohki come
> from? If Cabbit Ryo-Ohki came out of the egg, and she's the central
> processor, did the new ship just grow in the lake?

The original ship (that had been submerged in the lake for 700 years),
was too damaged from the crash/battle to regenerate.  Assuming the
external structure was not subsumed by the transdimensional structures
(or recycled by Washu or Ryoko), that damaged structure is probably
still submerged with bits of the former Ryu-Oh.
As to the new Ryo-Ohki battleship structure, it, along with the cabbit
form, I had always assumed to "grow old enough" to be able to do
certain things.  My assumption was, taken with several things mentioned
in the series, the mooks, and the questionable 101, was that the
subspace/transdimensional space that was the interior of the ship, had
just been "reconnected" to the new Ryo-Ohki external form (comments
about the way the Ryu-Oh interior worked helped base this assumption,
as well).
Since Ryo-Ohki was primarily masu with liberal doses of Washu genetic
manipulation, and the masu have a monstrous energy potential and the
ability to form change, that repairs and growth to the primarily
stone-like structure were primarily due to masu functionality.
Therefore creating a dimensionally "hidden" or "folded" structure that
was the battleship may have taken a little time, but was an easy
accomplishment. And once that form was "grown" into maturity, Ryo-Ohki
could then not only connect to the pre-existing interior, but transform
to a completely working real-and-subspace battleship.

The way this happens is easy for me to visualize and conceive, but
explaining it is a bitch.

As to whether or not this is what Kajishima and the other creators
envisioned is unknown to me.  The way Kajishima explains things
sometimes, he might just explain this as "it's magic, no need to think
further on it."  Sadly, with a lot of even currently theorhetical
science, much of what happens in the OVA could easy be explained,
without resorting to "magic" as an excuse.

====
Complete address changes: Tenchi OVA 3 and Galaxy Police images!
http://projkutani.castledragmire.com/greg/MSC/PAN/Pans.html
BLOW your bookmarks, FRELL your favorites, use the new URL!
or visit the delapidated site ---> www.TenchiMuyo.150m.com

Search field Search string

archive list

unauthorized access prohibited