[tenchi:105533] Re: After watching GXP

to Weatherwax123@aol.com
cc tenchi@usagi.org
from Michael Borgwardt <brazil@brazils-animeland.de>
subject [tenchi:105533] Re: After watching GXP
date Thu, 7 Oct 2004 14:54:57 +0200 (CEST)
On Thu, 7 Oct 2004 Weatherwax123@aol.com wrote:

> Maybe I can get this post to go through...I have had much trouble getting
> posts through to this list for several months. (Poster also cc'd)

I don't think it works - have you tried asking Hitoshi for help?

> >- GXP is a horrible chaivinist wish-fulfillment - women exist
>  > mainly to fawn over men.
>
> As a woman, I never saw the series that way. Yes, there's Seina and his
> harem....but the series also shows that women run the universe, or at least the

> important parts of it. The trio of older women - Airi, Seto, and Mikami - aren't

> fawning over anyone, and they're running the most important institutions in
> the galaxy between them.

OK, those three are exceptions, though Airi does come close to fawning
over Seina. Seto is just exceptional.

But what irked me was not just Seina's harem - though that is bad enough
since unlike Ryoko and Aeka's affection for Tenchi, there really isn't
a visible *reason* why all those women would turn into lovesick
12-year-olds over him. It's not really compatible with their normal
characters.

The real problem is with all the *other* minor female characters that
exist solely to be draped scantily-clad in groups over men - and *like*
it. Namely, the four servants that Seto occasionally sics on Seina,
and numerous pirate girls seen around Daruma, Seiryou and the Ryoko
fanboys during the Kouun-kantai story arc.

Michael "Brazil" Borgwardt --- Member of #WASHU# and Her would-be guinea-pig.
|   Untiring defender of Washu-chan, Asuka-chan and Elektra-chan.           |
|       A Homepage for Elektra: http://brazils-animeland.de/elektra         |
|           Tenchi Fanfiction Reviews: http://brazils-animeland.de/tmffr    |
+-------------- Let`s shake the dew off this lily, shall we ? --------------+

Search field Search string