[tenchi:105388] Re: True Tenchi/3rd OVA Questions abound!

to tenchi@usagi.org
from Schobronics <Schobronics@web.de>
subject [tenchi:105388] Re: True Tenchi/3rd OVA Questions abound!
date Fri, 06 Aug 2004 01:23:53 +0200
Long time no read, folks. I think I'll post more regularly from now on.
At least for a while, since we have a rather interesting topic once
again...

AstroNerdBoy <usr1054@astronerdboy.com> wrote:

>> Ryouko and Souja both could make use of gems' powers, as well.
>
>And that's because they were both Washu's creation.  :-D

True, but Tenchi-ken is not. The powers of the Choushin seems to be very
similar, maybe with only marginal differences, maybe even identical.

>> Considering
>that the key came from the offspring of a Choushin, it shouldn't be a
>surprise that it could make use of a Choushin's powers.
>
>Which offspring?  If Tenchi-ken was Azusa's in the novel "Jurai", it can't be Funaho-ki's
key.

We know Funaho is a rather young tree. Is it possible, that Tenchi-ken
was assigned to it as it's key as the tree grew up? Something like that
would be a neat trick (of Tsunami?) to get the sword away from Azusa...

I can also imagine Tenchi-ken being a special key assigned to the
Emperor of Jurai as some sort of symbol of rulership, that would explain
Kagato's remark about Tenchi-ken being "property of the king". It then
would be linked to whatever tree the current Emperor is partnered to.
Since Azusa wanted Yosho as his successor he could have given Tenchi-ken
to his son as proof for his future leadership, maybe in some sort of
ritual the Juraians seem to be so fond of...

>>>That may be, but it is also true that Tenchi-ken has a mind of its own.  That's
confirmed with Tenchi-ken choosing Tenchi.

>> Or it could simply be that the tree whose branch was used to form Tenchi-ken caused
those actions, and also chose Tenchi as an accepted partner.

>The problem here is that Tenchi isn't partnered with a Royal Tree.

We can't say for sure if Funaho is still pertnered with Yosho or now
with Tenchi. Disregarding that Tsunami mentioned Tenchi having his own
power, so he very well could be "his own tree".

>>>We know at that point, it drew power from Tsunami.
>
>>Do we?  By what basis do you make this assumption?
>
>In part on episode 6 and 7.  I posted about it earlier.

In the end all the power the Juraians use comes from Tsunami. The
question is more if it's gained directly or not.

>Also since I feel I've proved Tenchi-ken isn't Funaho-ki's key (since
it was around long before Yosho was born and chosen by Funaho-ki) and
there haven't been but four people who had
>1st-generation tree partners in Jurai's history (Azusa being one of them).

See my theories above.

>>>On a key-related note, I think I recall seeing that Funaho's key is actually Katsuhito's
glasses.  If that's true, I don't know but it would be the perfect design while Yosho's
on Earth.

>>Hmm.  We never see Youshou wearing any glasses in the flashbacks, though...
>
>True, but back then, Yosho was using Tenchi-ken as his key to Funaho-ki.  Once Tenchi-ken
was relegated to sealing Ryoko (and I guess transfering power from Washu's gem-balls
to Funaho-ki), he needed to use a key to access Funaho-ki.

I see no problem here if it's true that Tenchi-ken is some sort of
additional special key the (future) Emperors of Jurai use. We'll
probably never know the truth until K-san will explain it to us...

Ja
Christian "Schobronics" Schober
--
http://www.animexx.de                            schobronics@animexx.de
Animexx Cofounder - DFFML admin - Member of ANT #SAS# & Fried Ant Anime

Search field Search string

archive list

unauthorized access prohibited
MLtools V3.1 Copyright (c) Usagi Labs