[tenchi:105383] Re: True Tenchi/3rd OVA Questions abound!

to tenchi@usagi.org
from nik <silvourbolt@yahoo.com>
subject [tenchi:105383] Re: True Tenchi/3rd OVA Questions abound!
date Thu, 5 Aug 2004 08:24:26 -0700 (PDT)
--- Alan Zabaro <azabaro@ix.netcom.com> wrote:

> > He is in effect, giving up his control over Funaho.  This also seems
> > puzzling since we mostly seem to agree that Yosho didn't give
> > Funaho-ki to Tenchi.  The reason most folks think that Funaho-ki was
> > given to Tenchi was because Tenchi-ken was given to him.  If
> > Tenchi-ken was Funaho-ki's, one can understand why they'd think that.
>
> Yosho didn't really give the tree Funaho to Tenchi in exactly the same
> way he gave Funaho's key to Tenchi for a number of reasons:
> 1) Funaho supposedly can't go anywhere (unlike the key)
> 2) Funaho does have a mind, and is thus not just an object to be traded
> (unlike the key)
> 3) Tenchi doesn't really need a tree for any length of time; the point
> of the whole exercise with Kagato (besides generally cleaning up the
> galaxy) is to get Tenchi to awaken his powers.

I hate to say it, but none of those reasons are particularly convincing.  Even if
all
those reasons were true, if Funaho can't go anywhere, then why not give it to Tenchi?
say that Funaho "isn't just an object to be traded" is based on the assumption that

someone feels as if passing Funaho to Tenchi puts Funaho on the level of an "object"
and
that is a questionable assumption.
The 3rd reason also begs the question of why would there be a compelling reason not
give Funaho to Tenchi.
nik

Search field Search string

archive list