[tenchi:105370] Re: True Tenchi/3rd OVA Questions abound!

to tenchi@usagi.org
from "Joseph Riggs" <josephriggs@lycos.com>
subject [tenchi:105370] Re: True Tenchi/3rd OVA Questions abound!
date Wed, 04 Aug 2004 14:44:44 -0500
----- Original Message -----
Date: Tue, 3 Aug 2004 21:02:57 -0600
To: <tenchi@usagi.org>
Subject: [tenchi:105369] Re: True Tenchi/3rd OVA Questions abound!

> ----Begin True Sheol Post----
>Snipped for space<

>      I don't believe that Tenchi-ken is Tsunami's key.  Really, if it had been,
there would
> have been no need for her to give Tenchi that double-hearted ring or for Funaho-ki
to draw
> power from Washu's jewels.  That ring draws power directly from Tsunami and while
it was cut
> off from her in the Souja, it too has some storage capacity (like the ring Youshou
gave to
> Airi, Aeka's own key, and Tenchi-ken).  So, even if Tenchi-ken is a special master
key, it's
> not for Tsunami, but .
>
> ----End True Sheol Post----

I think it has been clearly established that Tenchi-ken is not Funaho-ki's key in
light of the fact that Azusa had it in his battle with Kagato and Ryoko YEARS before
Yosho was born and partnered with Funahi-ki.  So, what do we know?

You haven't presented any evidence that Azusa had Tenchi-ken with him when he fought
Kagato.  The only "evidence" that we've seen from you so far is that Azusa had a master
key that Kagato wanted to get his hands on, and that Yosho had a master key
that Kagato wanted to get his hands on.

If we operate under the assumption that Azusa's key was the key to his first generation
tree and that Yosho's key was the key to his first generation tree (and that neither
were directly from Tsunami), then we end up with the idea that Kagato was
trying to get his hands on two different items that had identical powers - with the
obvious exception that two of Ryoko's gems were embedded in the hilt of Tenchi-ken.

I don't see that there's any contradiction here with the idea that Tenchi-ken is Funaho's
key and that Azusa DID NOT have Tenchi-ken when he fought Kagato.

You're basically arguing using a hypothesis that you haven't actually proven.

junior

--

Search field Search string

archive list