[tenchi:105363] Re: True Tenchi/3rd OVA Questions abound!

to tenchi@usagi.org
from nik <silvourbolt@yahoo.com>
subject [tenchi:105363] Re: True Tenchi/3rd OVA Questions abound!
date Sun, 1 Aug 2004 19:23:48 -0700 (PDT)
--- AstroNerdBoy <usr1054@astronerdboy.com> wrote:

> True Sheol's e-mails aren't getting into the ML, so I offered to post his reply
for
> him, unedited.
>
> -AstroNerdBoy
>
> ----Begin True Sheol Post----
>
>      I realize that the questions have been answered, but I wanted to fill in some

> details.

> >1.  Was Yosho secretly sent off to study with the GP?  Is this where he met Airi?<

>      No and yes.  After the situation with Youshou and Misaki, Seto suggested to
him
> that he
> study at the Galaxy Academy, not the Galaxy Police Academy which is simply part
of the
> Academy.  To disguise his royal heritage, he had Funaho-ki disguise itself as a
normal
> vessel
> and Yousho passed himself off as a boy from one of Jurai's other planets.  As this
was
> his
> first day at the Academy, he was assigned an upperclassman to show him around.
Airi
> was the
> upperclassman assigned.

I thought I had heard that before!

> *note*  Back in Washu's early years, the Galaxy Academy was called the Royal Space

> Academy as
> it was part of Jurai.  After the incident with her child and husband, Washuu rejected

> the
> intergalactic politics that forced the split and led the Academy's departure from

> Jurai's
> authority.

very interesting.

>      Yosho did not know and neither did Airi.  When Airi found out that she was

> pregnant, she
> knew that her family would have her abort the child once they found out.  Because
of
> that, she
> had the embryo placed in stasis.  Airi then went back to Airai and broke off the

> engagement.
> Afterwards, she returned to the Academy and defected, becoming a citizen of the

> Academy.  After
> all of that, she had Minaho placed back in her uterus and carried her to term.

that's f'd up.

> >5.  Did Airi know who Yosho was at the time?<
>
>      Though Yosho was pretending that he was from some other planet of Jurai's,
he
> revealed who
> he really was on their first "date".

you have no clue how much this sort of detail is helping me out...

> >8.  What were the circumstances that led to Azusa marrying Misaki after he wed
Funaho?
> Did
> Seto arrange this marriage?<
>
>      Long before Azusa met Funaho, it was intended that he marry Seto's daughter,

> Misaki.

Was Misaki born, or was it simply accepted that Azusa was to marry Seto's offspring?

>This
> was because Seto intended to unite House Kamiki and Misaki.  (In the beginning,
the
> Royal
> Family was united, not divided in separate houses.)

Do you know which is oldest and/or how they were divided?  How did Kagato come to
fight
Azusa?

>      As indicated in episode thirteen, Yosho expected them a long time ago.  You
see,
> after the
> death of Kasumi, Yosho's first wife and the daughter of Funaho's little sister,

more useful info.  too much incest though.

> he
> became
> focused on caring for his descendants.  He wanted them to have a choice.  So, he

> contacted
> Hirata, one of his friends from the Galaxy Academy, to make arrangements for his

> descendents to
> attend the Academy.  That was when he found out that Airi was still alive and single...

> and the
> mother of his daughter, Minaho.

is this a discrepancy?  I thought Yosho contacted Kanemitsu?

> Tsunami estimated that it would take millions of years for that being to appear
and so
> she made
> a contract with the first Emperor of Jurai wherein she would protect his family
while
> waiting

what is the purpose of waiting for this individual?
nik

Search field Search string

archive list

unauthorized access prohibited