[tenchi:105326] Re: True Tenchi/3rd OVA Questions abound!

to tenchi@usagi.org
from Michael Haney <zorchhaney@yahoo.com>
subject [tenchi:105326] Re: True Tenchi/3rd OVA Questions abound!
date Wed, 28 Jul 2004 15:43:04 -0700 (PDT)
--- Joseph Riggs <josephriggs@lycos.com> wrote:
> Good points.  I'm of the opinion myself that there
> would be no key that would work on Tsunami.  Why
> would she allow such a thing to exist in the first
> place?  It might allow the unscrupulous to have more
> influence over her than she was comfortable
> with.  And even if Funaho-tree is permanently
> rooted, its key is still useful.  Since Funaho is a
> first generation tree, its key will work on all 2nd,
> 3rd, and 4th generation trees regardless of Funaho's
> own status.
> At any rate, even without a key, Kagato was still
> able to compel Tsunami once he started draining
> power from Ryoko's gems.
=========

The argument that the Master Key is the master
controller to all of Tsunami's offspring is a much
better theory.  Why indeed would there be a key for
Tsunami herself.  If anything Sasami is Tsuanmi's key
right now if you really think about it.  Tenchi was
able to command Ryu-Oh to grab the Guardians in ep 2
of the 1st OAV, by accident of course.  :-)

The reason why Kagato was able to compell Tsunami to
him "was" because of the power from Ryoko's gems.
There has a long standing theory going around, which
is heavily supported, that the gems contain Washu's
former goddess powers.  Being Tsunami's sister, and
the gems being of the same nature as her power it is
simple to put two-and-two together.  Yosho and Funaho
voiced the same conclusion in ep 13 of the 2nd OAV
since the gems embedded in the Master Key fed power to
the tree Funaho and during the attack Ryoko and
Ryu-Ohki were able to overcomer Jurai's defenses easily.

====
--
Michael "TheZorch" Haney
zorchhaney@yahoo.com