[tenchi:105314] Re: True Tenchi/3rd OVA Questions abound!

to tenchi@usagi.org
from nik <silvourbolt@yahoo.com>
subject [tenchi:105314] Re: True Tenchi/3rd OVA Questions abound!
date Tue, 27 Jul 2004 15:30:28 -0700 (PDT)
--- Michael Haney <zorchhaney@yahoo.com> wrote:
> > >  Now, I have heard that the Master
> > > Key/Tenchiken is the key to the treeship Tsunami
> > and
> > > not the key to Funaho.  Is this accurate guys?
> >
> > I don't think so, but I'm not sure.
> ========
>
> This is also contrary to what I have read.  In fact
> I've never read anywhere on any sites or in any posts
> that Yosho gave Funaho to Tenchi and that the Master
> Key is the key to Tsunami.  Kagato's own words say the
> sword is useless when cut off from Tsunami's power
> thus implying it was the Key to Tsunami.  Also, Kagato
> was trying to get his hands on the Master Key.  He
> wants Tsunami so why bother with capturing a second
> generation tree like Funaho that cannot turn into a
> ship anymore?

I think we're talking at cross purposes here.  I never meant to imply that Kagato
wanted
Funaho or that the significance of the master sword was only that it was Funaho's
key.
Also, I think it's a bit unclear from ep5 and 6 whether or not Kagato wanted the sword
or
Ryoko's Gems in the sword or both.

  No, there is too much evidence in
> support of the idea that the Master Key is the key to
> Tsunami and that Yosho did not give Funaho to Tenchi.
> He doesn't need a royal tree since he himself has his
> own power.  I've done a search of several sites and
> found nothing that supports your claims.

I'm not meaning to claim anything.  Looking around, I know where I got the idea.
It was
from the Hasegawa story where she states that Kiyone was injured in the bonding ritual.

I don't know if she got that from Kajishima or not, but I think I've seen it elsewhere
as
well.
nik
nik