[tenchi:105313] Re: True Tenchi/3rd OVA Questions abound!

to tenchi@usagi.org
from "Joseph Riggs" <josephriggs@lycos.com>
subject [tenchi:105313] Re: True Tenchi/3rd OVA Questions abound!
date Tue, 27 Jul 2004 11:53:48 -0500
----- Original Message -----
> From: JLHOnami@mchsi.com
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2004 16:29:49 +0000
To: tenchi@usagi.org
Subject: [tenchi:105311] Re: True Tenchi/3rd OVA Questions abound!

Think about it.  On the Soja Tenchi was cut off from
the Tsuanmi's power thus the Master Key was useless to
him.  If he was cut off from Tsunami he would have
been cut off from Funaho also.  In ep 13 Yosho
referred to Funaho as if the tree was still his tree.
All of this points to the idea that Yosho is still
bound to Funaho and the Tenchiken is the key to
Tsunami.  Must of this is what is supported by what
others in #WASHU#, #SAS#, and the RFFC were able to
find out when this was debated before.

I'll add my $.02 here: I thought the Tenchiken was a master controller for all
of Tsunami's descendents, but not the Genesis Tree herself.  Why would Yosho be
in possession of the key that would control Tsunami -- if such a key existed,
wouldn't it be in Azusa's possession?  As the Crown Prince, I can see where
Yosho would have authority over Tsunami's arborial offspring -- but it would
seem to me that Azusa would reserve the highest-level functionality for himself.

Good points.  I'm of the opinion myself that there would be no key that would work
on Tsunami.  Why would she allow such a thing to exist in the first place?  It might
allow the unscrupulous to have more influence over her than she was comfortable
with.  And even if Funaho-tree is permanently rooted, its key is still useful.  Since
Funaho is a first generation tree, its key will work on all 2nd, 3rd, and 4th generation
trees regardless of Funaho's own status.

At any rate, even without a key, Kagato was still able to compel Tsunami once he started
draining power from Ryoko's gems.

junior

--

Search field Search string