[tenchi:105312] Re: True Tenchi/3rd OVA Questions abound!

to tenchi@usagi.org
from "Joseph Riggs" <josephriggs@lycos.com>
subject [tenchi:105312] Re: True Tenchi/3rd OVA Questions abound!
date Tue, 27 Jul 2004 11:30:54 -0500
----- Original Message -----
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2004 18:29:33 -0700 (PDT)
To: tenchi@usagi.org
Subject: [tenchi:105302] Re: True Tenchi/3rd OVA Questions abound!

--- Joseph Riggs <josephriggs@lycos.com> wrote:

> [...]

So Airi is Tenchi's grandmother?  Mother to Kiyone? Or is there another woman?

Airi is Tenchi's grandmother and Kiyone's mother.  This is mentioned in GXP episode
4, iirc, when Seina meets Airi (she show's him the Masaki family tree and Seina learns
that she really, really hates to be called "Oba-san" ^^;;).

> 5.  Did Airi know who Yosho was at the time?
>
> Yes.

for some reason, I thought I remembered this being a secret.

I could be wrong on this, but I'm pretty sure they both knew who the other was.

> 9.  When did Jurai find out that Yosho was on Earth?  Why is everyone so surprised
> find out he is on Earth in episode 13 if so many Juraians came to Kiyone's wake
and
> funeral?
>
> Nothing in episode 13 seems to suggest (to me, at any rate) that Yosho's own family

> didn't know where he was (with the exception of Aeka and Sasami, of course).

if that is true, it begs the question of how and why Yosho got in contact/was discovered

by the Jurai after he left.

I think I vaguely remember hearing that Yosho got in touch with someone (possibly
Seto) following the death of his first wife, but I'm not really sure.  We know that
the various Masaki descendents on Earth have been spending time in space, so there's

some contact between the locals and Jurai proper.  That alone would probably make
it very hard for Yosho to hide from everyone.

junior

--

Search field Search string

archive list