[tenchi:105308] Re: True Tenchi/3rd OVA Questions abound!

to tenchi@usagi.org
from nik <silvourbolt@yahoo.com>
subject [tenchi:105308] Re: True Tenchi/3rd OVA Questions abound!
date Mon, 26 Jul 2004 20:13:49 -0700 (PDT)
--- Michael Haney <zorchhaney@yahoo.com> wrote:
> --- nik <silvourbolt@yahoo.com> wrote:
> > I'm a bit confused.  I heard that the "stronger
> > candidate" takes the throne before, but
> > how could Yosho ascend if he has no tree anymore?
> > Even if the fact that it has rooted
> > wasn't a problem, didn't Yosho give it to Tenchi in
> > episode 5?  Doesn't this mean Yosho
> > cannot ascend since he has no tree?
>
> No, no, no!  Yosho doesn't give him his free, he gives
> him the Master Key...the magical sword called
> Tenchiken he uses to fight Ryoko in ep 1 and against
> Kagato in ep 6 of the 1st OAV.  Yosho is still linked
> with Funaho, but since it cannot become a ship anymore
> he doesn't need the key.  The Master Key is linked to
> Tsunami's power, this is why it is ineffective against
> Kagato in ep 6 because Tenchi is cut off from her
> power and he has to rely on his own...the Light Hawk
> Wings.

This is contrary to what I have heard.  I have read in various places that the bonding

process was the scene in ep5 whenYosho told Tenchi to take the sword from Funaho's
trunk.
 This was to signify that Funaho accepted him as her new owner.
maybe this is in the 101.

>  Now, I have heard that the Master
> Key/Tenchiken is the key to the treeship Tsunami and
> not the key to Funaho.  Is this accurate guys?

I don't think so, but I'm not sure.
nik

Search field Search string

archive list