[tenchi:105306] Re: True Tenchi/3rd OVA Questions abound!

to <tenchi@usagi.org>
from "'CuSO4' Yung" <cuso4.tenchi-ml@cuso4.com>
subject [tenchi:105306] Re: True Tenchi/3rd OVA Questions abound!
date Tue, 27 Jul 2004 10:38:58 +0800
> From: "nik" <silvourbolt@yahoo.com>
> So Airi is Tenchi's grandmother?

Yes, but if Tenchi called Airi "grandmother", he is in big trouble.

> Mother to Kiyone? Or is there another woman?

No.  So far, Yosho has at least Airi, Kasumi, and might
have others.

> > 5.  Did Airi know who Yosho was at the time?
> > Yes.
>
> for some reason, I thought I remembered this being a secret.

See my separate post for details.

> So who was Azusa's predecessor?

See my separate post for details.

> > 9.  When did Jurai find out that Yosho was on Earth?  Why is everyone so
surprised to
> > find out he is on Earth in episode 13 if so many Juraians came to
Kiyone's wake and
> > funeral?
> >
> > Nothing in episode 13 seems to suggest (to me, at any rate) that Yosho's
own family
> > didn't know where he was (with the exception of Aeka and Sasami, of
course).

> if that is true, it begs the question of how and why Yosho got in
contact/was discovered
> by the Jurai after he left.

He called Kanemitsu at the academy after Kasumi died.  Kanemitsu
worked for Seto.  Airi & Minaho were also present.  Yosho's
whereabout might be public secret, but given that in GXP a few
non-earth people attended Kiyone's funeral, and that many of
Yosho's descendents go to the academy and some becomes GP (e.g.
Kiriko), the secret is not well kept.

> From: "nik" <silvourbolt@yahoo.com>
> I'm a bit confused.  I heard that the "stronger candidate" takes the
throne before, but
> how could Yosho ascend if he has no tree anymore?  Even if the fact that
it has rooted
> wasn't a problem, didn't Yosho give it to Tenchi in episode 5?  Doesn't
this mean Yosho
> cannot ascend since he has no tree?

Yosho own a 1st generation royal tree, Funaho.  Funaho is still
functioning with reduced capability.

I did not remembet Yosho giving Funaho to Tenchi, but even if
he has, would other royal clans knew ?  Tenchi himself is
equivalent to a 1st gen royal tree, so he doesn't need it.
Seina's robot is also equivalent to a 1st gen royal tree,
hence he is in line for succession to the throne.

--
'CuSO4' Yung
cuso4@cuso4.com, cuso4@cuso4.jp, cuso4@manbow.com, cuso4@computer.org

Search field Search string