[tenchi:105296] Re: [OT] Thief 3

to tenchi@usagi.org
from Michael Haney <zorchhaney@yahoo.com>
subject [tenchi:105296] Re: [OT] Thief 3
date Wed, 21 Jul 2004 10:37:42 -0700 (PDT)
--- Bear Powell <replicant@northstate.net> wrote:
> I still haven't taken the time to play that.
> I break out the original Thief every now and then
> just play through it. Such an awesome series.
=========

I do that with Freespace 2 from time to time.  I such
a great game, its a shame its so darn hard to find
anymore outside of used copies at E-Bay or via
BitTorrent downloads.  The graphics engine for
Freespace 2 was made Open Source which might be the
reason its no longer being sold in stores, thus its
considered "Abandonware".

I also like pulling out Clive Barker's Undying,
Half-Life (I can't wait for Half-Life 2) and American
McGee's Alice.  American McGee, that's his REAL name,
was the legendary level designer for games like the
Doom series, Quake 1 and 2, and Quake 3: Arena.
Undying is a great game based on the Unreal Tournament
graphics engine.  Its pretty dark and can be scary in
parts due to the gothic atmosphere, and Half-Life is a
"classic" all its own that none of the new breed of
shooters have been able to emulate in style and/or execution.

====
--
Michael "TheZorch" Haney
zorchhaney@yahoo.com