[tenchi:105295] Re: [OT] Thief 3

to tenchi@usagi.org
from "Joseph Riggs" <josephriggs@lycos.com>
subject [tenchi:105295] Re: [OT] Thief 3
date Tue, 20 Jul 2004 18:57:32 -0500
I've got the original around somewhere.  It was included with my sound card, iirc.
Or maybe a former video card.  I don't remember any more.  I started it and only got
to the 4th (?) mission before I stalled.  I didn't like the zombies, and two
straight missions of them started to get on my nerves.

Yeah, they're in the most recent game, but I haven't had to deal with them all that
much.

I'm considering pulling out the original again and actually playing through it this
time, so maybe I'll finish it sometime soon.  Then I'll just need to run down a copy
of the second game.

As for the level I'm currently on...

Shalebridge is a former orphanage that was later turned into an asylum before it caught
fire and was abandoned.  Everyone admits to being at least slightly creeped out by
the level, with many confessing that the level scared them half to death.  I've
only played a little of it so far, but last night I found myself staring at a specific
closed door.  I knew I had to open it to continue, but at the same time a little voice
in the back of my head was shrieking at me not to open the thing.  Some great
work was put into the atmosphere of the level, and it shows.

This is NOT a level you want to play late at night, alone, with the lights off.

junior