[tenchi:105267] Re: bad ass anime guns

to tenchi@usagi.org
from Zach <zbrundage@yahoo.com>
subject [tenchi:105267] Re: bad ass anime guns
date Sun, 6 Jun 2004 15:58:49 -0700 (PDT)
--- Michael Haney <zorchhaney@yahoo.com> wrote:
> --- Zach <zbrundage@yahoo.com> wrote:
> > being an ex-GameStop employee, i know of this all
> > too
> > well. the pressure of selling those were so high,
> > people lost their jobs if they didnt sell enough
> of
> > them. hell, i was almost fired because of it, but
> > quit first because my manager was a dick :P
> these...haven't been to GameStop in a year...it
> shows.
>  Anyway, placing quotas of any sort on this in a
> retail environment that ISN'T commission is pretty
> tough and unfair for the employee.  Whether you sell
> few or alot it up to the whim of the buyer and you
> can't force someone to buy anything but you can
> convince them politely.  They really need to lighten
> up or the story will get a bad reputation and gamers
> WILL stop going there.  That is what happened to
> Babbages..remember them?

heh heh, babbages is now a part of GameStop, along
with Funco games, and some others. and yes, its hard
to convince people to buy something they dont want,
but the company doesnt care. if fact, i found out
recently that my old manager just got fired, because
he was writing out fake reservation forms to increase
his popularity with the people up top.

Search field Search string

archive list

unauthorized access prohibited