[tenchi:105214] Re: NOOOOOO!

to tenchi@usagi.org
from "Vincent Bashaw" <v_bashaw@hotmail.com>
subject [tenchi:105214] Re: NOOOOOO!
date Tue, 11 May 2004 13:05:33 -0700
Dewa, I'm not really that bothered by what Funimation has done so far since
I usually only listen to the dubb version one time before switching over the
subtitled version, my Nihongo is good enough that I can pick up on most of
the words used if I listen to it more than once. So far, most of the bad
vibs people are giving to Funimation is over Vol. 2 of GXP. From what Himes
has mentioned in his review, they really messed up on the dubb. I haven't
pick it up yet (used my extra bucks to buy the Vol. 6 of Chobits) but I
will. I did like Vol. 1 although some people complained about the scene with
Seto talking about a hooking someone up with one of her relatives (the Royal
Family Tree must be bigger than what has been shown or there a lot more
branches, maybe there is a secret family tree somewhere). I should point out
that Pioneer did some of the same things with the Tenchi OVA 1 and 2.

Horosha

Member of AFC, #SAS#, KOME, #WASHU#, TMML, RFFC, publisher/writer of the
Songs in the Key of Life Newsletter, writer of the fanfic series, "Strange
Days" and "The Possiblilities Are Endless," and Member of the Sailor Pluto
RPG (Ryoko).
"I like girls, especially between the ages of seventeen and eighteen."
W.C.Fields
"I Hoo, Tinfoil, Away!" Daffy Duck
"Don't Shoot Me, I'm just the Piano Player." Elton John.

Himes wrote:

>What sucks, is that for 3 shows, Funimation rocked, and then they got
>ahold of GXP, and they completely fucked up that job...  technically it
>was the worst job I had seen in over 4 years.  Vocally, it was the
>worst job in 5, and the english songs, whoever approved putting them on
>the DVD needs to be raped repeatedly by that rusty spork that has so
>dearly been missing from these MLs in the last couple of years.
>
>May they NOT get ahold of the new OVAs, whether or not they turn out
>decent.
>
>===
>Complete address changes: Tenchi OVA 3 and Galaxy Police images!
>http://projkutani.castledragmire.com/greg/MSC/PAN/Pans.html
>BLOW your bookmarks, FRELL your favorites, use the new URL!
>or visit the delapidated site ---> www.TenchiMuyo.150m.com

Search field Search string

archive list

unauthorized access prohibited