[tenchi:105205] Re: Z's motivations...

to tenchi@usagi.org
from Alan Zabaro <azabaro@ix.netcom.com>
subject [tenchi:105205] Re: Z's motivations...
date Tue, 04 May 2004 15:52:51 -0700
Jeff Harris wrote:
[...]
> Sorry, didn't mean to imply Tenchi would lash out at Mihoshi's family.
> Assuming that Z's meddling eventually surfaces, it could come to blows
> between him and Tenchi.  Since Z was told not to start a fight, he could
> claim to be the "innocent party."  Anyway, that's just speculation, assuming
> that Z's intentions are belligerent, and his leash is being held close and
> tight.

I don't think that Z wants to fight Tenchi per se. My recollection of
the interview with Kajishima is that Z saw himself as being similar to
Tenchi (as a pawn of greater beings, I think), and saw Tenchi as a way
to free himself from Tokimi's control. If I'm remembering and
interpreting correctly, that would mean that Z is trying to get Tenchi
into action so that his power can be evaluated, and perhaps to get the
ball rolling on his whole rebellion.

Kajishima's line in the interview:  "'Z' belongs to Tokimi, but he
doesn't like her at all."

Alan Zabaro

Search field Search string

archive list