[tenchi:105194] Re: [Spoiler Ep.14-16] Random Thought

to tenchi@usagi.org
from "Dr. Briefs" <glenn@capcorphq.com>
subject [tenchi:105194] Re: [Spoiler Ep.14-16] Random Thought
date Tue, 04 May 2004 07:07:08 +0800
On Mon, 3 May 2004 14:29:23 -0700 (PDT), "nik" <silvourbolt@yahoo.com>
wrote:
>--- Alan Zabaro <azabaro@ix.netcom.com> wrote:
>>I came to the same conclusion about Mihoshi's altered letter
>>after I watched episode 16 a few times. I'm not sure that Z
>>wants to provoke a war between the Kuramitsu and anybody else;
>>rather, I think that he want to provoke Tenchi into displaying
>>his abilities.
>interesting...  what prompts this opinion?

Seems pretty obvious to me...  Tokimi tells Z to not lay hands on
Tenchi.  Z thought he would still do something anyway, and heads off to
the Masaki household, then proceeds to modify a letter Mihoshi's sending.

Next thing we know, Mihoshi's grandfather and brother are up in arms
about how badly Mihoshi's being treated, and sends out one of their most
powerful ships to "rescue" her.

The people who know of Tenchi's prowess expect him to win ("I'll sit
back and watch")...  I wouldn't expect Z to think otherwise, since he
also saw Dr. Clay's report.

So why set-off all this trouble?  Why that sinister smile when he sees
the Kuramitsu ship launched?

He wants to see Tenchi in action first hand, rather than from a report.

Glenn

Search field Search string

archive list

unauthorized access prohibited