Re: Tenchi GXP's US release date is today, but...

to tenchi@usagi.org
from Gregory Himes <gdhimes@yahoo.com>
subject Re: Tenchi GXP's US release date is today, but...
date Wed, 10 Mar 2004 06:09:08 -0800 (PST)
--- ^_^x Kenshin-dono <kenshindono@comcast.net> wrote:
> At 06:02 PM 3/9/2004 -0500, Bear Powell wrote:
> >The main problem with a US release of GXP is
> >it being done by Funimation. That just says pure
> >garbage right there. Bah!
>
> ungh wish i had just gotten all the fansubs now. i had planed to
> support it
> when it came out but im not buying funmation horseshit

People keep saying this, but it only goes against what Funimation has
done in the last 18 months --- I'm talking about Blue Gender and Fruits
Basket in particular (since those were the last series I could afford
to finish).  Both were mastered excellently.  It included both
dubtitles and fairly accurate subtitles (better than most ADVs, and
almost on par with Pioneers stuff from over 3 years ago).  Clean,
original Japanese  and new English opening and closings were present on
the DVDs selectable by "angle" -- not stuck in some stupid submenu 2
deep.  Therefore you could see the feature just like it appeared on the
Japanese DVDs if you so chose.  Blue Gender was put on 8 DVDs (I hated
this), Fruits Basket was put on 4 DVDs (loved that).  The boxes for
these disks were released after the initial pressings so I was screwed
out of both, but then again EVERY company but AnimEigo did this to me
many times, especially Pioneer and Bandai.

The only thing, so far, that I dislike about what I have seen for GXP
is the fact they are putting it out on 8 DVDs, not 6 and not 4.  If
they make up for this by including lots of extras, then I could live
with it.

Also Funimation has said that it will be releasing many of their
original products in better form -- complete, with subtitles, etc.  But
since I don't follow Dragonball Z, I haven't double checked on the
veracity of this, and haven't seen any of their other material other
than the TV version of the first Dragonball set.

All in all, it looks like Funimation has paid attention to their
customers more than any other company, except AnimEigo.

Before you bash this, perhaps you should wait until some people review
it...

====
Complete address changes: Tenchi OVA 3 and Galaxy Police images!
http://projkutani.castledragmire.com/greg/MSC/PAN/Pans.html
BLOW your bookmarks, FRELL your favorites, use the new URL!
or visit the delapidated site ---> www.TenchiMuyo.150m.com

Search field Search string

archive list

unauthorized access prohibited