Re: Tenchi GXP's US release date is today, but...

to tenchi@usagi.org
from Chris <otaku394@yahoo.com>
subject Re: Tenchi GXP's US release date is today, but...
date Tue, 9 Mar 2004 15:33:07 -0800 (PST)
--0-528672155-1078875187=:68880

I was just making a suggestion. I know it isn't Pioneer anymore, it's Geneon
Entertainment now. I was just saying, Pioneer could probably get the actors
to come back by paying them more than Funimation because Geneon is a larger
company.

Chris

Alan Zabaro <azabaro@ix.netcom.com> wrote:
Chris wrote:
> --0-68632630-1078873620=:84393
>
> Maybe if Funimation doesn't get Tenchi OVA3 then Pioneer could somehow
manage

> to get it and convince the VAs to come back, because Funimation sucks and
> probably wouldn't pay them like Pioneer could, because they also are in the
> electronics business.

Pioneer isn't Pioneer anymore. That is, the parent company Pioneer sold
off their entertainment division to another company (whose name I didn't
recall). This is why Pioneer Entertainment changed their name to Geneon
here in the US.

Anyway, it's really not a great idea to take money from one business to
cover a loss in another, so I don't think it's the electronics thing
that would make the different. Choice of studio, and perhaps the will to
pay union rates might make a difference (note that at least one dub
actor who supposedly declined is apparently working on GXP under a
non-union alias; see dub casting info at crystalacids.com to look up dub
aliases).

> Also, what I don't get is why the bastards couldn't contact Petrea
> Burchard, we have been emailng back and forth for the past 3 or 4 months....

Some AIC board posters were guessing that this was done to give actors
deniability in case of union problems (I don't know why they'd need
deniability for somebody who doesn't end up working on the show, though).

Like I said, I can understand Funimation saying that some VAs declined,
and that Matt Miller was too busy. I just couldn't understand them
saying that they couldn't contact Petrea Burchard.

Alan Zabaro

Search field Search string

archive list

unauthorized access prohibited