Re: Tenchi Muyo! episode 15 Pan-Shots!

to tenchi@usagi.org
from Alan Zabaro <azabaro@ix.netcom.com>
subject Re: Tenchi Muyo! episode 15 Pan-Shots!
date Fri, 02 Jan 2004 14:25:28 -0800
Gregory Himes wrote:
[...]
> Just a question for those good with Kanji.  Unless the typeface is
> really screwin' me up...
>
> http://projkutani.castledragmire.com/greg/MSC/PAN/TM3/15/15TMRO_Title.gif
> Isn't the first glyph equivalent to "to reveal" and the second "younger
> sister"?
> The people on AIC are translating this to fiancee, and my dictionary
> definitely does not pull that up from those two kanji.

The first character is for "permit" (found in my kanji dictionary,
confirmed online)
The second character is for "marry into, bride" (found online only)
Read as a whole, the word  is "fianc" (pronounced "iinazuke")

SKIP codes, in case you want to look them up
"permit" 1-7-4
"marry into" 1-3-10

Online translations/lookup from
http://www.csse.monash.edu.au/~jwb/wwwjdic.html

FWIW, I'm pretty sure it's the handwriting messing with you; Kajishima's
first character puts a stroke in a place that really doesn't match where
the typewritten fonts would have it go.

Alan Zabaro

Search field Search string

archive list