Re: Harinoue's OVA relation chart

to tenchi@usagi.org
from JLHOnami@mchsi.com
subject Re: Harinoue's OVA relation chart
date Fri, 02 Jan 2004 22:07:02 +0000
--- Jeff Harris <jlhonami@mchsi.com> wrote:

> I didn't say she didn't loose a partner. It's just unlikely. About as
> unlikely as GP Officer Tenchi and the Galaxy Destroyer (TM).

Uh, I didn't send this one, sorry.

Though there is little lives lost in GXP, it is quite obvious that the
pirates are (or were) cutthroat in many instances.  However, it is
obvious that several hundred GP Officers lost their lives and ships in
a couple of the pirate raids... So actually losing a partner isn't as
likely as losing you and your partner, it isn't very far-fetched
either.  Though with Seina's upcoming excapades, the pirate problem
might be waning.

Yeah, one look at Tarant should dispel that notion.  Just 'cause they aren't
showing any blood or bodies doesn't mean there aren't any laying around.

As far as the rest (like my own) it's all just speculation, until
Kajishima reveals Mihoshi's past, and the reason she's so screwed up
now (unless he really likes her to be a total twit -- lord I hope not).

I despise what has been done to Mihoshi, particularly in Ep 17 of GXP.  There
is just 'way too much potential to waste on stupid sterotypes.  And I don't
like the direction Ryoko is being taken, either.  Where's the tough, nearly-
invulnerable humanoid we saw in the first few episodes of OVA1?  What I saw
that irritated me from Ep 14 was....

* Ryoko's whining and simpering whenever she gets woken up.
* Ryoko cowering in fright at the thought of answering the door (aw, come-on,
isn't this the she-demon that faced-off Kagato?!?!?!).

And from the trailer for Ep 15....

* Airi Magma Masaki bitch-slapping Ryoko like a punching bag.

(You List members that already have Ep 15 will have to confirm or deny the
above.)

I have this terrible mental image transposing Mihoshi and Lucille Ball from
her

early TV days.  [Shudder!!!]  How old is Kajishima, anyway?

			Jeff

Search field Search string

archive list

unauthorized access prohibited