Re: <OT-AL> Horizon MMORPG and other MMORPG's

to tenchi@usagi.org
from ^_^x Kenshin-dono <kenshindono@comcast.net>
subject Re: <OT-AL> Horizon MMORPG and other MMORPG's
date Mon, 01 Dec 2003 12:56:47 -0800
At 08:52 AM 12/1/2003 -0500, you wrote:

>------=_NextPart_000_0001_01C3B7E8.7B811A60
>         charset="us-ascii"
>
>Hey all. I know we have several MMORPG geeks on here playing various
>games. For the past week I have been playing EQ again and it seems like
>a whole new game since I quit right at the start of Shadows of Luclin.
>The only annoying glitch from my past playing that is still around is
>mobs aggroing through walls. Very annoying, but I can deal with it if
>need be. The new areas are pretty cool and The Lost Dungeons of Norrath
>is pretty kickass.
*snip*

hrm maybe i'll reactivate for a month or something. you were on tarreww
marr right? if so look for Tenchi Masaki. blea but i dunno, i vowed not to
ever play another SOE MMOG again after the shit i got in EQ a while back
and then SWG

>I really like the single party quest in a unique
>dungeon with a countdown timer. It just makes the action more intense
>and the loot/exp is really damn good.

.. that actually sounds cool, damnit. no i dont wanna reinstall that game,
evvillll.

>The only coming soon title is Horizons which I have watched for a long
>time. It seems to be pretty evenly split among beta testers as to how
>good it is. I've watched a lot of movies and it's graphics seem very
>nice and colorful. Nothing awe inspiring, but very pleasant. The combat
>seems very much like DAoC with major usage of special combat attacks and
>has very good damage/hit displays to help you track your hits better.
>The trade skills in the game seem insanely huge and promotes their usage
>by making it where you level from doing purely trade skills if you are
>so inclined.
*snip*

hrm.. sounds kinda interesting but i dunno, i lost interest a while back
with all the constnat changes and bickering going on about it. I figuered
it was doomed. If you give it a shot let me know. Honestly right now im
about to just give up on MMOG's, it looks like no one can do it right

>  It looks like within 1-2 weeks I am going to be playing either Horizons,
>EQ, or DAoC. I am about to put my new machine together and I have some
>items in Diablo 2 I can sell that should get me about $150 to use for
>buying the game and a few months playtime.

maybe i should sell my FFXI cash, i basically spent most of my playtime
with 3 characters buying and selling on different markets to get a good
stack of cash, since i found the game so boaring. only thing is i dunno how
to really go about doing that i saw some ebay auction but they seem to get
shut down. Well if you gofor horizions lemme know how it is

>What are your thoughts on the games out and coming out very soon that
>seem like good time investors. I don't care about selling in-game items
>or powergaming. I just want good content and fun socialization. Also,
>the fucks at EQ better fix warriors this week. I played my friends Lvl
>53 Warrior and he can't tank worth a shit. It's sad when an Enchanter
>can tank as well as he can and it's his damn job to be one. What is
>this, UO all over again? Damn tankmages. Pfft..:-(

lol i dunno how oldschool you are but i remember when NO ONE played
enchanters. no one realized what they were really for for quite a while.
then once the mezzing effectness became aparent and clarity busted out you
saw a huge influx of enchanter players. I made mine just cuz i liked
charming shit heh

honestly none of the upcoming MMOGs look that good. i had thought Realms of
torment might have been interesting because of the perma death. and was
beta testing that for a while. but then my computer problems> upgrade made
me stop for a while and upon reflection i didn't like the direction the
devs were taking it and the stat/skill system.

Search field Search string

archive list

unauthorized access prohibited
MLtools V3.1 Copyright (c) Usagi Labs