Re: Tenchi Muyo! OVA 3 Episode 1 dvd on ebay!

to tenchi@usagi.org
from Ken Arromdee <arromdee@rahul.net>
subject Re: Tenchi Muyo! OVA 3 Episode 1 dvd on ebay!
date Tue, 18 Nov 2003 20:59:11 -0800 (PST)
On Tue, 18 Nov 2003, Gregory Himes wrote:
> Legal "Region 0" discs amount to less than 0.05% of the total amount of
> Region 0 discs out there (these are primarily produced by National
> Geographic and similar nature videos, and a couple of movies that have
> become public domain.

This is untrue.

I'd guess that about 90% of all *legitimate* Hong Kong movies are region 0.
(Shaw Brothers movies are the exceptions, mostly.)  I believe most Indian
movies are region 0 too.

> and the only DVDs that are legal that have Chinese subs
> are the Ghibli collection discs

This is untrue too.  There are actually quite a few of them, though only a
handful have English too.

Search field Search string

archive list

unauthorized access prohibited