Re: Tenchi Muyo! OVA 3 Episode 1 dvd on ebay!

to tenchi@usagi.org
from Gregory Himes <gdhimes@yahoo.com>
subject Re: Tenchi Muyo! OVA 3 Episode 1 dvd on ebay!
date Tue, 18 Nov 2003 20:00:28 -0800 (PST)
--- Michael Haney <zorchhaney@yahoo.com> wrote:

> The best thing to do is get "legal" Region 0 imports
> from an importer like http://www.discountanimedvd.com.
>  These usually come from production houses in Hong
> Kong.  Of the ones that I have only "Tenchi Muyo GXP"
> has some pretty sab subbing.  In contrast "Onegai
> Teacher" has really good subs for an import.

Legal "Region 0" discs amount to less than 0.05% of the total amount of
Region 0 discs out there (these are primarily produced by National
Geographic and similar nature videos, and a couple of movies that have
become public domain.  The rest are Taiwanese, Hong Kong, and Chinese
bootlegs (a few are even duplicated here in the US)

ALL DVDs from discountanimedvd.com are bootlegs from Hong Kong (unless
they've decided recently to start stocking domestic releases).  They do
not carry any legal copies of anything from the US, UK, Europe, or
Japan.

If you got any Chinese subtitled disc that has decent English subs,
you're pretty lucky, as almost all of the subs suck, even when they
make sense in English.  Some of the bootlegs even have good English
subs, because they were ripped from English licensed material, with a
Chinese sub track muxed back in.

Currently, anything with more than 4 eps per disc is GUARANTEED not to
be from Japan, and the only DVDs that are legal that have Chinese subs
are the Ghibli collection discs (one movie per package, often 2 or 3
discs -- 6 in the case of Mononoke), which have dialogue and subs of up
to 8 languages (leave it to Disney to do a great job on animation
releases... Outside of the US  ^_^).

As far as the "customs" agent claiming these to be real and or legal,
he or she is full of shit.  They are not legal by 2 international laws
of which the US is supposed to enforce...  As far as actual enforcement
goes, if megacorporations like Disney, Fox, or Paramount are not
prosecuting, then it isn't noticed, or cared about -- note that ebay
only cares if videogames are bootlegged on DVDR or CDR (in Camden,
right in front of the Police -- crooked bastards sell CDRs with music
taken from the web, using homemade or duplicated covers) -- "Hey, we're
not lawyers or the FBI, it has nothing to do with us."  I actually
think some of the police get a cut of this stuff, it's so rampant.

Sometimes I wonder if even the films of the respective countries are
bootlegged, or if they crackdown only on their own materials within
their own borders.

====
Complete address changes: Tenchi OVA 3 and Galaxy Police images!
http://projkutani.castledragmire.com/greg/MSC/PAN/Pans.html
BLOW your bookmarks, FRELL your favorites, use the new URL!
or visit the delapidated site ---> www.TenchiMuyo.150m.com

Search field Search string

archive list

unauthorized access prohibited